replacement cruise control

phantomFE3

k i wrote that when i was in a hurry lat night, does anyone have any info on how/where to get a new one? i know i can get one at the junkyard but what all would i need to get? someone said there is a little thing under the dash that you can just pull out/ replace and it should work? my cruise control doesnt work and does anyone know if the cruise control is somewhow connected to the dash in any way?

It could be one of the three:

1.) Yeah, there is a electronic box underneath the steering wheel that remembers you set speed, how much power [gas pedel depressed] is needed to hold you at that speed, and the current speed your at.

2.) The CC itself is under the hood and takes the information from the module under the SW and using vacuum to open / close the throttle plate.

3.) Finally, the CC switch itself on the steering column. I've had one go out on my Celebrity and it was an easy fix. The switch plugs in with a very small wire harness.

- Erik

well i was thinkin... my dash went out right? and it went out after i was playin with the cruise control, and my cruise control doesnt work now either, i dont know if it did before, but i want to replace it to make sure its not that thats making my dash stay un-lit, it kindof a tie/win situation, im trying to get my dash back and i have to replace the cruise control to do it (maybe) so if i get my dash to come up again, wooo hooo!! but if i dont, ill have replaced the cruise control and i have that, both of these things are good things to have in working order when your trying to sell it