Pride in a Grand Prix

Mr.ChevZ34

Hi guys,

This probably means nothing to you guys but im proud to own my 1994 grand prix cause she just passed emissions with no work done to her and she has sat for 3 years! :cheers: to all proud w-body owners!

I just hope someday to be rid of fucking front plates

i just tell the officer that i dont have a place for one and keep my plate next to my front seat so i have it with me when they ask... it looks ugly on the front of our cars

I LOVE that they killed E-Check in my county!! I just hope someday to be rid of fucking front plates.

I like that Vermonters have to have front plates. That way I know if asshole flatlanders are coming up behind me!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah, we don't have emissions testing here--but we have a thorough mechanical inspection that can really be a surprising pain in the wallet.

Hi guys,

This probably means nothing to you guys but im proud to own my 1994 grand prix cause she just passed emissions with no work done to her and she has sat for 3 years! :cheers: to all proud w-body owners!

Well, we obviously aren't in the same province. To confound the living hell out of everyone here, odd year cars are done on even years and even year cars are done on odds years.

Yeah I know.

AMY just passed her's a few weeks back, not just passed, killed the thing. No where remotely close to any of the fail lines and my carbon numbers were virtually non-exsistent. And I was worried about failing. AJAM hasn't done her's yet, but I'm not really worried since AMY's a '95 and AJAM II is an '03.

I hate these things to be honest, we have no inspection and cops will not pull over cars that are completely destroying the environment evidently by bellowing black smoke.

Emissions is a bunch of bs i agree! The thing that i dont understand is that my muffler has a hole in it and it still went through :lol:

Acutally if you have an old POS that you know is going to fail miserably, you can poke lots of holes in the exhaust pipe so most of the exhaust exits through the holes before hitting the probe...you shouldn't have enough exhaust flowing at the end of the pipe to trigger a fail. :mrgreen:

I just hope someday to be rid of fucking front plates

i just tell the officer that i dont have a place for one and keep my plate next to my front seat so i have it with me when they ask... it looks ugly on the front of our cars

X2!!! My TGP has no place for a front plate and the hell if im gonna drill into the bumper. I got pulled over last year but the cop let me off cuz i had the plate in the car. After that i had it on the front dash for awhile, but it looked ghetto so it now residing under my seat. Cops will give tickets for no front plate here, several of my friends have gotten them. Its usually like a $50 charge!

Here in NY only cars 10 years old or newer have to pass emissions. Cars with OBDII (96 and up) are run through a computer and cannot have any check engine lights or pull any codes or they wont pass. All cars have to pass a mechanical/safety inspection. This can be a pain in the ass if you dont know a mechanic as some places will fail you for stupid shit. But its also good cuz otherwise things like rotted frames (very common here, fuckin salt) might go unnoticed until you get in a accident and the car just crumples.

Same as Minnesota.. you can take any random vehicle that hasnt run in decades and go drive it, provided you have current tabs on the license plates.