Keyless Entry?

mitalie

Lift the trunk carpet and look for one of two things: AU0 on the RPO label or a blue wrapped box just behind the back seat.

You can also look by the antenna for a single lead with a black insulator. Ground it with a wire to your trunk striker and the locks will cycle, do this to set a transmitter

3.1 cars are generally have less options. I've seen 3.1 convertibles with cloth and no steering wheel controls :eek: I wonder if any LQ1 cars didn't get leather/steering wheel controls...If they did it was probably a special order only-type thing...

I've seen 1993s with 3.4, cloth front and rear buckets and no SWC. :cool: Most have been in Canada though where I've seen 'verts with factory wheel covers and 15" steelies. :eek: Also those DOHC 1993s have had sawblades and strangely, some of the Canadian 3.1 cars I've seen got the 5 spokes.

I've seen 1993s with 3.4, cloth front and rear buckets and no SWC. :cool: Most have been in Canada though where I've seen 'verts with factory wheel covers and 15" steelies. :eek: Also those DOHC 1993s have had sawblades and strangely, some of the Canadian 3.1 cars I've seen got the 5 spokes.

Them crazy Canadians :mrgreen: Canadian vehicles have been different for a long time now, for example, my GMC has a big block V6, 305 cubic inches to be exact. Canadian GMC's were only offered with an inline six. It's strange that the same vehicles here differ so much when offered to our friends up north...

It's true. Like the Plymouth bodied Dodges and Dodge bodied Plymouths in the 50s and 60s...Chevy powered Pontiacs.

What i would give for a 1967 or 1969 Parisienne 2+2 convertible with a 427 Chevy and a 4 speed...

Mine is a 3100 with (AFAIK) all features other than keyless entry, and -of course- the 3.4.

Dual climate control, steering wheel controls, heated rear window; yeah, it's got all that.

Mine is a 3100 with (AFAIK) all features other than keyless entry, and -of course- the 3.4.

Dual climate control, steering wheel controls, heated rear window; yeah, it's got all that.

:thinking: A 3100 and a 3.4?!? Which one is it really? :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the input. I called two different GM dealers. One could not find anything and will call back (still holding my breath). The other said it does NOT have keyless entry.

Mine has the 3.5 DOHC, Dual Climate control, White leather seats, steering wheel controls, Rear window defroster, etc. So I checked the label on the spare tire cover and it has AU0 listed. I assume by AU0 that it does have keyless entry. Is that correct?

The lock cylinder on my drivers door is falling apart, so I cannot unlock the door with the key. I saw that I can get keyless remotes for $10 on E-bay.

Check for that box on the driver's side of the trunk and the wire by the antenna for certain. I've never paid more than $5 shipped for a remote though. :cool:

:thinking: A 3100 and a 3.4?!? Which one is it really? :mrgreen:

I said other than those features.. I put the of course in front of the 3.4 because I had just said it's a 3100. Those were two different lists I put on two different lines. First one is what I don't have, other one is what I do. And of course my car comes with the complementary leaks.

I type like I talk, so it's probably hard to follow not knowing me..

• 1 month later...

There is a loose wire near the anteana on the passenger side. My car did not come with a remote but it was set up for it I got 1 from ebay for $12 shipped got it working in about 10 minutes. There was a link I found here that put me on to you tube where a guy shows you how to do it.

There is a loose wire near the anteana on the passenger side. My car did not come with a remote but it was set up for it I got 1 from ebay for $12 shipped got it working in about 10 minutes. There was a link I found here that put me on to you tube where a guy shows you how to do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTu-6_SwwSQ

My friend's vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTu-6_SwwSQ

My friend's vid...

thats the one

about your broken lock cylinder, they are stupid easy to replace. If you can find one with a key at the junkyard, all you need to do is take the cover off the door panel where the handle is. There will be a screw and a 15mm I think nut holding it on. I literally just did this 10 min ago... and when you get in there there will be a little star bit, torx or whatever, unscrew that pop the lock out and put the new one in.

• 3 weeks later...