Rear upper strut part for Buick Regal (1995)

cpa5oh

I have a 95 Regal and the rear struts were recently replaced by a shop. They DID NOT replace the upper mount part. I'm having a clunking noise that they say is a wheel bearing (replaced them this weekend...not it and I wasted $360.)

I searched this forum and read every post regarding "clunks" and "rear struts." It helped me very much as I didn't realize that there were two parts to the rear struts on this car.

I've went to Autozone, Carquest, and Advance and was unable to get the upper part of the strut assembly. Does anyone know where I can get them?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Great...I'm not sure what the bumper boot kit is, I'm assuming that it's a part of the rear upper mount or goes inside the upper mount (Chilton's manual does not break down the parts of the rear strut assembly.) I'm going to order from the tire rack...I'll get both a mount and the boot kit...I'll understand it more with it in my hand.

Thanks guys.

i was wondering there was no pic but 14 bucks i thought i would give it a shot and see if maybe you know what it was

i have a simaler sound and i have checked the back while bouncing the car and the rubber mount seems ok but the shaft boot (on the out side) is broken so i think it is that chattering over light bumps

I think that if you go to TireRack.com and pull up the page for the strut mount you'll see a picture that is representative of what the boot kit is. It looks like it is just the accordian-looking sleeve that keeps dirt and moisture out of the strut.

I'm not sure if there's something at the top of the sleeve that makes it fit snug in the mount or not. I'm going to buy them both for one side, then make a decision as to which is needed on the other based on that.

The upper mount/bushing has a metal sleeve in it. The top of the strut goes through the sleeve and the nut goes on the strut shaft. There is a flat on the shaft that sits on the bottom of the bushing. The nut tightens onto the top of the bushing w/ a washer under it. I get the popping but only on hard bumps. Thought KYB GR2's would fix it, but I guess it's the bushing. So those are next. Mine looked fine when I replaced the struts so I left them alone.