disabling drl

mediabandit

okk, i have a '91 Lumina Z34 and i really want to get rid of these DRL's. i am going to be putting the blackout covers on the headlights and would like to do away with those DRL's. i have searched the forum but the only write-up that was linked was for '99 and up.

where exactly is the DRl module located on my car? and what is the procedure in disabling them? cutting of a wire or pulling of a fuse.

greatly appreciate the help. thanks in advance.

just the drl if possible, if not, then i will disable both, i am not to worried about it. just need to know where to go to do that.

You pull a 50 amp fuse under your hood on the drivers side. I have to do it, since my highbeams are stuck on.

and that will disable the drl's? what is the fuse labeled? do you remember the bank it is in if not the label?

Im from Canada, and I've done it on my 92 GP, couldn't be easier. There's a box with two plugs plugged into it. Its pretty much either in front or behind the e-brake cable if i remember. The box says

"LECTRON

ROCH MI"

on it and looks like this.

Just FYI. My cutlass' DRLs were either disabled (Or just didnt' work :lol:) but the automatic headlights worked just as they should, so I'm assuming that you should be able to disable the DRL's and keep the auto function working as it should.

Im from Canada, and I've done it on my 92 GP, couldn't be easier. There's a box with two plugs plugged into it. Its pretty much either in front or behind the e-brake cable if i remember. The box says

"LECTRON

ROCH MI"

on it and looks like this.

thanks man. i am going to try it in the morning when i get home from work.

i got the hid kit on friday, but have been working all weekend, i am going to get to it either monday afternoon or tueday. i work nights and run my own business during the day as well, so it makes it hard to find time to work on the car. but i know i will get to it for sure on tuesday becasue i am off monday night and tuesday night.

i will get some before pics of the lights tonight so that way there is something to compare them too once the hid kit is installed.