recharged the a/c today

89SupremeCutty

How do i know if my 96 has been converted to R-134a

It should have come from the factory with R-134A. All 94+ cars have 134.

That's including '94, right? I hope I don't have R12 :confused:

yes, that includes '94

fwiw: r12>r134a

why do you think that my statement was useless? cause people are asking questions about their a/c?

I just thought it was funny the first post was just "I did it and it took 10 mins." :burnout:

lol my bad. i was in a cranky mood earlier.

How do i know if my 96 has been converted to R-134a

It should have come from the factory with R-134A. All 94+ cars have 134.

That's including '94, right? I hope I don't have R12 :confused:

yes, that includes '94

fwiw: r12>r134a

yea, R12 blows R134a out of the water when it comes to performance. It's just way harder to get and far worse for your health :lol:

If you have an R-12 system and convert to 134, it will still be extremely cold. I converted my TGP to R-134A last summer since my AC wasn't working, and the AC would cool the interior of the car to 42* on a humid 90* day. I froze my ass off inside that car :lol:

R12 isn't bad for you. It's bad for the environment. :rolleyes: Doesn't really matter to me, but other people really care about that. 134A is plenty cold, that's what ice cream machines, etc. run on.

with my monte, its the harder of the two bungs to get to... almost requiring you to pull the air box off to get to it. not sure how different it is for other models/engines. question: my pressure according to the guage on the dispenser said anywhere between 30-35 psi while the ac was set to max. in the instructions it says not to try to charge above 45psi. how long should it take to bump up pressure? i could have swore that i held in the trigger for about 60 seconds and saw no change in pressure. i know my a/c is good. i've never had to charge it before... considering its 13 years old... still cold but i want it colder.

with my monte, its the harder of the two bungs to get to... almost requiring you to pull the air box off to get to it.

how hard it is to remove the airbox ? :lol: ....I would much rather have it there then the location on my GTP where you just about burn the skin off of you hand when you recharge it

sounds the same as my lumi. it wasn't that hard.

here's something new that happened. i did the a/c recharge just fine last week and i used it for a few days then went a day without using it. i turned it on yesterday and the drivers side vents are blowing cold air while the pass vants are blowing warm. same thing happened today, on my way to get gas. on my way to work an hour or 2 later however, it wasn't as bad as it was yesterday or earlier. but on my way home tonight from work both sides were cooling equally, and in fact i pretty much froze my ass off comming home tonight. what could have caused that? i do not have dual climate controls either.

with my monte, its the harder of the two bungs to get to... almost requiring you to pull the air box off to get to it.

how hard it is to remove the airbox ? :lol: ....I would much rather have it there then the location on my GTP where you just about burn the skin off of you hand when you recharge it

Yeah right by the heater hoses going into the firewall?