Is this a Good Price on a 1995? And 2 Issues: A/C Stumble & Fuel Gauge Floating

djrobnyc

I just looked at 1995 with 113k at a new car dealer (he took it in on trade). I gave it a pretty good once over - top seemed pretty new, no noticeable leaks (squirted water bottles on it) Body all original in good shape, all glass goes up and down pretty smoothly.

A few things: Dealer was asking $5971, lowered to $4770. I told him based on my research, the RETAIL on an EXCELLENT condition car, with NO work necessary was about $4700-$5200. He mentioned it was going to be a collectable, blah blah blah, and despite a lot of attempts to keep me from walking out, I did... for now.

I would definitely want a Chevy/former Olds dealer to give a look - if I want to move forward, but here are my questions for now.

1) Is $4770 still too high (let's assume nothing comes back from my inspection - but I'm sure some things will). What would be a fair price?

Any answers to the above questions would be greatly appreciated. Overall, the car seemed tight - but don't want to proceed without a good idea of price and whether these issues would be big bucks to repair. Thanks!

You posted those same questions in the correct section originally, though I deleted the duplicate thread you made. You don't need to post them a third time, they're not convertible specific.

If it's mint, then that's not a bad price at all, however I've yet to see one in that great of shape. Having said that, I would have offered 4k and maybe met somewhere between. I bought mine for 3500, and that was over 4 years ago. They're supposed to be "collectible", but I don't see anyone rushing out to buy it at that price, so although it might be worth that much to the dealer, I think it's slightly high, but it could also easily sell to the right person at that price.