RobertISaar

its been a long time since ive been under the monte and this'll probably sound stupid but what size is the exhaust before it hits the cat?

2. has anybody had a cherry bomb glasspack on a 3100 before? how does it sound? i know how it sounds with a real motor(350 with a ridiculous cam), but i keep hearing things about sounding raspy without a resonator???

i'm asking because i'm thinking about redoing the entire exhaust and not sure what to do about the pipe size and the resonator issue. i'm definately not putting a cat back on, or at least gutting it(which is why i asked about the pipe size before it goes in).

any thoughts???

ive read that a flowmaster 40 or dual 40s sound great, but i havent heard them on a 60* motor. is there any reason why the glasspacks sound horrible on a 60* motor? and is a resonator just an enlarged section of the exhaust? what does it do for backpressure?

im in the process of reading maximum boost about 20 times over and am going to wait until i have a little more money for a fresh LQ1, or 3.8 (or at the very least completely freshen up the 3100) to go through with the turbo project. until then i'm looking to replace the exhaust while i'm still with a NA motor. i'll post a pic of why in a minute

heres a couple pics of why... as far as i know its always been crimped like that...

the last one is the resonator, correct? im used to working on cars where resonators are the last thing that wants to be put on...

this is a little bit off topic, but its yet another question: about two weeks ago, a deer hit me in the right fender at about 45-50 and even though i managed to stay on the road i ended up looking in the direction i was coming from and with smoke from the tires rolling past me and skidmarks all the way there. earlier that day i replaced the front valve cover gasket and of course had to pull the plug wires off and the terminal for the front most cylinder seperated from the wire. i did what i could to fix it without redoing the wires again, but i think its working for now. but the next morning i noticed that most of the time in first gear if i put too much load on it, it'll kind of knock for a second and will stop by second gear, but when the convertor locks in fourth almost every time when i try to accelerate while keeping the convertor locked, it'll do the same thing. at first i thought it could possibly be the tranny messing up on me after braking/rolling in reverse trying to stop after getting hit by the deer. but i also have put the car in park, popped the hood, and played with the throttle directly and have noticed when i try to open it fairly wide from idle it'll knock for maybe 2 revolutions and then quit. have tunerpro rt hooked up all the time to see if the knock sensor is giving any resonse but the computer doesn't count it as a knock. and to make sure the knock sensor wasnt bad i've gotten the car up to about 90 while datalogging, then punched it WOT until the speed limiter at 108 and then it picks up maybe 5 or 6 knocks by the time i'm finished.

WTF???

"dude, I think you need two glasspacks,yours sounds a little ricey with just on, Do what I did and slap true duals on. don't put an h or x pipe on just straight duals. Watch my vid to see what my 2.8 sounds like with true duals. it gives a more lower tone. ps I LOVE your sprints"

comment about an 84 f-bird with a 2.8

got this off of youtube. how much difference would a second make in terms of sound?

2.8s sound almost exactly the same as a 3100, correct?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjgEMSIG1MI

people are saying that sounds awesome there and that has a 3100 with a single cherry bomb glasspack.

i really would like to hear it in person or if someone has a really good microphone and would post a clip of it that way i could have a better understanding of how it sounds...