Turn Signal Switch Replacement

Mike

Hey

Well I'm pretty sure that the turn signal switch decided to pack it in on my 89 Cutty, I was just wondering how difficult it is to replace? ALso how much does the switch go for? Any help would greatly be appreciated,

Thanks

Mike

FYI you only need the lock plate tool if you have airbags. some people also try the 2 person method of steering wheel removal, 1 person sits in the seat and pulls on the wheel like a mofo, the other hits the center stud, with the nut threaded on very loosely, to try and free the wheel.

some people also try the 2 person method of steering wheel removal, 1 person sits in the seat and pulls on the wheel like a mofo, the other hits the center stud, with the nut threaded on very loosely, to try and free the wheel.

thats how i did it, i sat in the seat and pulled on the wheel and my dad tapped the center stud with a brass hammer once or twice and it popped right off, ive done this and made the newbie mistakes, i should do a write-up on how to do this! i got the turn signal switch from a local junkyard for 30 bucks

The damn steering wheel puller is less than a brass hammer. Why not just buy it? Also, since every W-body in the world has a bad TSS why would you buy a used one? There are some places you just should not take a short cut. Unless like Shawn stated in one of the other 34582473 threads about a TSS, you can clean and refurbish it. If the one you have is beyond repair I could see it.

i was saying you could use a brass hammer assuming people have at least some tools at their disposal to work with, and there is a how-to on removing the steering wheel with radio controls on it in the haynes manual

worked for me! just as long as you dont go at it with a vengiance, just tap it a little bit, have the person pulling on the wheel pull really hard, so all you need it that little tap to make it break free, just a couple little taps, thats all it takes

lol, cant wait till that happens, oh well im sellin it anyway, i had someone look at it today for a friend and they got my phone number and everything, so not my problem!!!