I search one grand prix pic !

RedGTP

A guy i know with a 93 cutty vert (that i almost bought off him) is always sayin how he wants to make a grand prix vert. They are the hotness, but i guess there was only room for one vert in the w-body line up. The red first gen (2nd pic posted) is a tgp i think right?

Yep that is a TGP.

My mom has pics of a car like that TGP except it's an 1989-90 SE convertible. 5 speed too as i recall. White with a tan top and interior. I took pics of it back in 1990 or so when we took a trip to Detroit, it was parked at Pontiac's headquarters.

Now that i think about it, didnt someone on here HAVE a grand prix vert?? I think they just chopped the top though, a permanent convertible lol. I think they posted a video of it.

I think that was supremestyle or someone with a name kinda like that.

I wonder if they have door poppers on the first one, because when you have no rollbar you take away the classic W-Body door handles. :cry: I wonder if it's functional or a pace car-type top....

47b8df33b3127ccec34ddcc7b8bb00000016102AbOXLVi4Ysge3nwQ

I have a decent (but not great) pic of the original CS Convertible pace car, I'm not sure it has any door handles when I looked at it. BTW - to my knowledge the bar was more structural than anything, I think that the remainder of the car had to be far too ridgid without it.

I was actually looking through my car junk looking for my 1992 Pontiac book to determine the standard size of car tire on GTP's that year, when I was looking for the Cutty, when I noticed this year's crap, I have all sorts of Windstar stuff, useless friend must have stashed that on me while I was taking a pic!

Pace cars have the C3-style Corvette door handles IIRC, the push down button type handles.

best type....right in front of the w-body "hidden" design