Surging prob.

cutdog12

rpm rises/surge after about 65-70 mph other than that car rides ok great summer car I would love to get issue resolved oh I forgot when it surges sometime not all the times my check engine light would come on but hen wll go off about 1 min. later . thanks for the help in advance

You could always spray some water around the plug boots and at the coil packs. If it starts misfiring worse, Then you might need to do a tune up.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting codes 32 :willynilly:& 34

32: EGR System: Check vacuum hoses and connections for leaks and restrictions. Replace EGR valve.

34: MAP Sensor:

My heart was racing there for a second. I wasn't far off though, error codes: 32 & 44 means that the car has started it's auto-destruct sequence, not far off, I read up about this while at a car museum, something about the cold war. EGR (in my opinion) will be effected more at lower RPMs not cruising.

My heart was racing there for a second. I wasn't far off though, error codes: 32 & 44 means that the car has started it's auto-destruct sequence, not far off, I read up about this while at a car museum, something about the cold war.

What are you talking about?

I'm getting codes 32 :willynilly:& 34

32: EGR System: Check vacuum hoses and connections for leaks and restrictions. Replace EGR valve.

34: MAP Sensor:

My heart was racing there for a second. I wasn't far off though, error codes: 32 & 44 means that the car has started it's auto-destruct sequence, not far off, I read up about this while at a car museum, something about the cold war. EGR (in my opinion) will be effected more at lower RPMs not cruising.

EGR, if stuck open, will cause a huge vacuum leak at idle.