is there a possibility that I have a DIC connector?

GPdriver1986

I have a 91 LE dual bench GP and I was looking for a way to connect a DIC in my car. I don't care about the console, I can make one. But I want to know where I can find the connector. I looked in the service manual, it says that the cable is somewhere in the center.Usually in situations like this GM is GM and they always put the wires there just in case, I know I have the HUD wire. Does anyone know where the DIC connection is on my car?

I'm almost certain you do not have one 8) , I believe only the 94+'s came pre-wired for DIC's and I also think I've seen exceptions to that(ie: people that didn't have the connectors).....it's not awfully hard to make your own wiring harness and install a DIC, I did mine in the 93, took around 3 or so hours to install it being very careful w/ taking everything apart and keeping track of everything and where it went :wink:

do you have the actual connector/plug that goes into the back of the DIC or not? If not, then that might be a bit of a challenge to make, but still not overly hard.....if it came w/ the connector that plugs into the DIC, do you have any wiring attached to it? hopefully you have a few inches of wiring coming from the connector to work w/, that is, if you have the connector at all.

See my response to your post on ClubGP... If you dont find it there... then you dont have it. But becuase you stated to had the HUD pigtial I think the HUD and the DIC pigtail is on the same front main harness so I would think it should be there....But you know how GM is... WEIRD sometimes.