Road Trip- what should I Do??

dohc v6

I am heading up to New York in August. My dad has tole me that I should drive my car up to New York, I want to fly. What should I do. I really would like to drive and just cruise at 90, but then again I don't want something to brake, that would suck. I am going from Florida. the trip would be about 1300 miles. I sure would like to see how my car would do with the turbo and what not, but I like the thought of getting on a plane and letting the pilot do the driving, and not worry bout anything.

Mark

i say park it. besides, with gas gettin as high as it is, i doubt running at 90mph will get you 28mpg, you might as well.....and the whole tubro being run that long just gives me a bad feeling

but whatever, it is up to you man. i am going to be driving to ohio in august for pontiac nationals, and i am a litttle leary about bringing the old gp, but it is all the same.

Well I am not worried about gas, its about the same as flying. As far as the turbo not running good, I think it would run awesome, but I dont know, I don't want to have anxiety.

Yeah true, but I love the though of having my car in the garage, sleeping not worrying about anything, on the other hand I have something inside me that says go, but I cant decide, lol. Its actually pissing me off.

Mark

I would fly. As sweet as road trips are the car will get trashed on the freeway and I would need to be SURE SURE SURE that the mods will not have any problems.

Granted your talking to the guy that drove from Colorado Springs, CO to Misawaka, IN on 2 bad ball joints, a CV and many other bad parts!

Suck it up buttercup, lmao drive that shit there. like was stated, why have a nice ride with all that work and money into it and end up flying.... that ain't much of a roadtrip now is it?

i went to Montreal last summer and i am going to Toronto, P.E.I and Newfoundland (have to take the boat accross to the rock) this summer and i will be driving the Z34 everywhere.

Yeah true, but I love the though of having my car in the garage, sleeping not worrying about anything, on the other hand I have something inside me that says go, but I cant decide, lol. Its actually pissing me off.

Mark

Do it. I jumped in my 180k GP and drove to Houston from Wichita. It's half the distance, but still a 12 hour drive, and I drove straight through.

Oh, and it was summertime. With a dead temp gauge. >.>

Freaking drive! Your ass might get sore, but totally better than flying. You have control! I can't stand flying... I hate it more and more every time I do it... PLUS!!! The actual flight might be shorter, but you have the hassle of security, bags, checking in and out, all of that bullshit takes all day anyways! :mrgreen: If you drive, You have the convenience of your car when you are there, and you can just come and go as you please!!