Locked Trunk

Leckenz34

I recently bought a 91 z34, all the locks were busted on it and the only key i had was the ignition, I bought new door locks and shaved my truck lock off and just use the push button to open it. Well the other day i had an electrical fire as i was driving down the road and melted my harness on the inside of the car between the stereo and glove box. it would appear the buddy i bought it off wasnt a master electrician, anyways i spent 20 hours taking the entire dash out to the firewall and rewiring the harness, i got everything working except my 'open trunk' button, does anyone know which wire runs to the trunk that the actuator uses?

Should be a black wire...Lt. green goes to the transaxle position (unless manual, then it;s orange.)

do you know where it would run to the back, on the passenger or drivers side or somewhere else?

I believe down the passenger side to the trunk lid.

Yep thats correct. I you cant figure it out, you could always just rewire it from the fuse block.

I believe down the passenger side to the trunk lid.

Yep thats correct. I you cant figure it out, you could always just rewire it from the fuse block.

ok thanks, i'll give it a try

yea the wire runs down the passenger side of the car on the floor pan and goes under the rear bench. If necessary, you can unbolt your rear seat in like 5 mins to gain access to the trunk.

lol i ran my own wires for my power antenna and for the trunk popper for my car because it did not have either. it was pie :mrgreen:

might have been easy, but you had access to your trunk, i dont and my damn seats dont fold down, come to think of it, does anyone know if any z34's seats fold down?