Brake swap question

RomeoZ34

I have heard that people have swapped 1994+ w-bodys rear brakes onto 91-93 w-bodys, and 95 or 96 w-body front brakes onto 91-93 w-bodys. Why is it only W-body brakes are compatible? I have read on some other site about a car having Corvette brakes, and it DEFINATELY was NOT a Corvette, I believe it was a Fiero. So, would it be possible to put Vette brakes on a w-body?? Just tryin to find alternatives to RSM's rediculously expensive brakes.

In general, people that own Fieros are more skilled. They know how to fabricate and weld. A lot of highly modified Fieros I've seen are owned by guys in their 30's, 40's, even 50's. If they aren't more skilled, they have a bigger bank account. The majority of people on this forum I would guess are late teens, early 20's.

I hope to pick up a Lincoln wire-feed welder and teach myself some good skills someday in the not-too-distant future, but for now I'm going to stick to the bolt-on swaps.

shawn,

thats a good observation, as long as you remember that i am more skilled than most fiero owners ;)

speaking of skills, 2nd dohc swap is going in today, modded the 88-90 cradle to accept the 3.4 because his cradle bolts would not budge with a 5' bar.

romeo, the 94+(misleading actually, 94 luminas still have the crappy brakes) will bolt on (calipers, brackets, rotors) but the e-brake cable needs modified. i saw pics of someone's who used a buncha washers up at the joint up under the rocker(ghetto style). i've got 2 new calipers on the lumina but as soon as one dies i'm doing the newer rears, and i've got some spare spindles/hubs to experiment with different front brakes.