Any recommendations?

gmrulz4u

This weekend I am taking my interior completely OUT of my 89 Supreme. I am going to be painting, installing a vacuum and A/F Ratio guage, cleaning the "foggy" areas behind my digital dash, and "flattening" my dash pad.

My question is this:

Is there anything I can do to make my entire dash area MORE QUIET when it comes to going over bumps etc...I mean, sometimes, when I go over even the smallest bumps, my dash makes that plastic against plastic noise...I don't really know how to describe it...it's just NOT as quiet as I want it to be...so I was thinking maybe there was SOMETHING I could do...I know I'm VERY anal about noises and vibrations in my car, which is why I had my floor and doors Dynomated, so what bugs me may not bother anyone else in the slightest bit!:)

ANYONE??

I had the same sounds when i would go over bumps and stuff in my 1993 cutty. I had the entire dash taken out and put back in, making sure all screws were tight, and it seemed to solve the sounds, if u end up getting your dash flattened out inform me how u did it, cause mine is warped too.

For the dash curve, I put a thin piece of wood underneath it and used several small screws to screw it down, then painted it black along w/ the rest of my interior. You can't see the screws and the curve is gone!

i would use a good clear outdoor silacone put a bead of it under the pad and put a heavy object on for a bit (24hrs maybe?) like a big book, brick, 2x6 wood that should solve the heat issue and hold

car even :lol: :lol: :lol: