HELP! WTF! wont start!

pontiacmaniac94

Okay, so a 94 grand prix, with the 3.1v6 2dr.

i drove to the girlfriend's house last nite, and drove just fine, parked it.

went to leave 10 minutes later, and the damn thing wont start. i am talking, no interior lights, no turning over, no fuel pump, no power locks. just a tink.

what did work however was the HUD, Trip, Guages, headlights, power windows. WTF!

i tried cleaning the contact point on the positive battery cable, and cleaning the battery itself, but that didnt do anything for me. I also tried cleaning the shock tower, where you are supposed to jump the damn thing, but still nothing.

i also tried jumpstarting it, twice, and even had it sit for a bit while i thought maybe it would charge or something.

nothing.

so what is wrong? why is it that my powerwindows work, and my headlights, but no interior lights?

anything would be awesome!

Sounds to me like you blew a couple of fuses. Check them all. If you say multiple electrical systems all of a sudden failed and there was a pop noise... I'm almost certain that is what it is.

Sounds to me like you blew a couple of fuses. Check them all. If you say multiple electrical systems all of a sudden failed and there was a pop noise... I'm almost certain that is what it is.

Thats where I would start also. For your starter, just follow the wires there to a ground and then follow the negative battery cable to wherever on the motor it grounds too.

It could be the gound like mentioned, on my car, since I changed the battery to the back I lose ground sometimes and everything completly dies, I got a optima battery and still does it.