Spoiler question on my GP.....fixing the mounts.....

AWeb80

I had a bad rattle in the trunk and I thought it might be my spoiler......

So I took it off and sure enough the rubber separating the nuts on the bottom is rotted and GONE....

.....and the rubber pad underneath the "legs" on teh spoiler are disintegrated too....

IMG_0564.jpg

I think the rattling is coming from the plastic vibrating on the metal trunk lid.....

What should I look for to replace that?.....I have some old rubber inner-tube and as a last resort, going to cut it to fit....but it is a tad too thick...any other ideas of what to use?

buy the z-26 spoiler from me.

been looking for one...Jay has a red one he will send me for the price of shipping....but hasn't got to it yet.....

I need to find another trunk lid before I put the Z26 one on....I want to have both....lids available....

just get a razor blade and slice a few appropriately sized pieces out of your neighbor's sidewalls. should last a long time.

Get some 1/16" thick rubber to put under there and cut it to size. That should be more than enough. :lol:

ya,....but where to get it?

You can get some gasket material like that at any auto parts store I would assume. Then just cut it to fit.

I'll see if I have anything here (at work) that would suit. Then I'll stick it in an envelope and send it. But...give me a day or two I'm sure busy here right now....although that might be hard to believe because I'm posting, but it is break time...so I have 10 minutes...lol

Sticking with the inner tube theme...

why dont you use a smaller area of the inner tube, so it will compress more, if youre worried about it being too thick.

Those things also have thick and thin spots, so try cutting it all apart and seeing if you can get something to suit your needs.

And if youre into going out and buying an inner tube, they have thin ones for racing ~$5

What else could you use?

-CONDOM (this is my favorite idea)

-Paper

-Coat your trunk with wax or some other release agent and CAREFULLY put down some clear silicone caulk

-Elecrtical Tape cut carefully and placed on the spoiler, maybe a few layers

-Foamtastic -- pick it up at any arts & crafts stores. While youre there, see what other foam there is