Buzzing in speakers???

SSEiyah93

There's an annoying and undying buzz in my speakers when the radio is on. It's driving me crazy! :eek: I was wondering if anyone else had this problem and would know how to fix it? I'm sure its a loose or bad wire...however I wouldn't even know where to start to look for it. If anyone has any ideas or advice it would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin:

anytime I ever heard of this problem its usely (a not so good Ground) just relocate it and could possibly fix it.

Thank you, I'll try that.

The stock head unit is typically what is to blame for the buzzing sound. My Red TGP with an Alpine head unit has zero buzzing through the speakers, but my Black car buzzes like crazy with the factory unit. A lot of people with TGP's have had this same issue and it went away when installing an aftermarket head unit. A bad connection inside the stock unit must develop over time. The buzzing problem is extremely common on these cars.

The stock head unit is typically what is to blame for the buzzing sound. My Red TGP with an Alpine head unit has zero buzzing through the speakers, but my Black car buzzes like crazy with the factory unit. A lot of people with TGP's have had this same issue and it went away when installing an aftermarket head unit. A bad connection inside the stock unit must develop over time. The buzzing problem is extremely common on these cars.

Thanks, I'll do that when I have more money. I was planning on buying new speakers (much better speakers) and a new head unit anyway. That stock stereo was probably the shit in 1989 but in 2008 it just needs a little help. :lol: