Airbag light on a 1997 Lumina

Spectrum

I've got an airbag light on in my instrument cluster in my 1997 Lumina LTZ. I've checked the fuse, that's fine. It's been on for a few weeks now. Does anyone know where the airbag sensors are on the car? I'd like to check for loose connections, etc before I take it in for a diagnostic.

Well, places like AutoZone can't pull airbag codes, so I'm looking at around $85-100 to run the diganostic at a dealer or FireStone and that's not guaranteeing anything.

The airbag system is what, 11 years old?? Hell, German vehicles, especially Audi say the airbag and some related components must be replaced after 10 years.. So they obviously know something is bound to go wrong..

Odds are, its in the clockspring mechanism.. But without a code, theres really no way to tell whats going on...

I recommed trying another shop.. A good master tech can narrow something like that down within an hour and tell you exactly whats going on... Even a basic tech with some knowledge and a scan tool can figure it out...