Junkyard today, a few qestions

92GPSpeeder

I went to the local U Pull U pay today (didn't get to look around too much unfortunately), but I did get to the one 1992 GP SE Coupe they had. Long story short I was looking for a fog light cover but the one on the junky SE was completely different than mine. My fog lights have 2 screws on them while these just snapped right on, no screws at all. Was there a mid year change? Any idea where I could find a 2 screw fog light assembly?

Another thing it had was a 3.6L dual cam, I didn't know that was an SE option, how much do you think it would go for generally (aka I didn't bother checking the miles) and how hard is an engine swap?

Also it had 2 good Xlaces on it, any idea what those usually go for, didn't appear to be any pits just the normal break dust, the tires on them looked decent , once again I was in a hurry so I didn't get a good chance to look.

I went to the local U Pull U pay today (didn't get to look around too much unfortunately), but I did get to the one 1992 GP SE Coupe they had. Long story short I was looking for a fog light cover but the one on the junky SE was completely different than mine. My fog lights have 2 screws on them while these just snapped right on, no screws at all. Was there a mid year change? Any idea where I could find a 2 screw fog light assembly?

Another thing it had was a 3.6L dual cam, I didn't know that was an SE option, how much do you think it would go for generally (aka I didn't bother checking the miles) and how hard is an engine swap?

Also it had 2 good Xlaces on it, any idea what those usually go for, didn't appear to be any pits just the normal break dust, the tires on them looked decent , once again I was in a hurry so I didn't get a good chance to look.

the fog light, not sure, on my 94, it has two screws, and they are round foglights. it also might be a different body kit, that might cause for a change in assembly.

the 3.6, which, on this site, most people will murder you for saying that, is actually a 3.4 DOHC, aka the LQ1, i dont think i would want to swap it over. believe me, it is a bear. if you didnt notice, there is little to no room to work on the stupid motor, so it is a bear to fix.

the x-laces? well, it really depends, how lucky do you feel? i ended up selling mine on this site for 75 bucks, and that was all four. you might be able to get more for them b/c there are only two, the guys on here swear by the rims because they are 8 inch wide, which makes em think they can put drag radials on the car.

if you decide to pull the x-laces, there might be a lock nut on one of the lug nuts, so it might not come off. it was a common option on the older Gps, and just makes it more of a hassle than anything else. but, if only two were still there, then more than likely there is no lock nut, and you wont have to worry about it.

Roger on the motor will remember that for next time, well I already broke one rim so I figure a spare or 2 wouldn't be bad.

With the fog lights, they are the same year, model, and package, how different could the body kit be? It all appeared to be stock.

Here is a link to the price list http://cincinnati.upullandpay.com/PriceGuide.aspx

I know its probably a dumb question but what would a GP tire size be?

Also would it be worth checking for the struts on this GP or just buying new?

Roger on the motor will remember that for next time, well I already broke one rim so I figure a spare or 2 wouldn't be bad.

With the fog lights, they are the same year, model, and package, how different could the body kit be? It all appeared to be stock.

there was the B4U bodykit, and the BYU body kit from the factory.....if i get this wrong, everyone will be quick to correct me, but the B4U bodykit was the one that looks like mine, and the BYU was the one that didnt look nearly as cool.

as long as the rims are cheap, might as well pull'em.....i had a set sittin in my basement for almost a year before i sold mine. but i wouldnt pay more than 50 for both.

There are two different body kits that came on these cars. I think he is saying that with the different body kits, they may have changed the fog lights.

There are B4U body kits, like yours:

80_1.jpg

And there are BYP body kits like this:

GrandPrix004Large.jpg

Well I am hoping they survive there until next Friday/Sat when I get paid again, I just spent most of my money now on the DIC and HUD.

Alright Thanks guys I was unaware of the 2 body styles. So I guess I have a BYU fog light cover, I got it for free, the lady told me not to worry about it, so if anyone needs one, let me know.

Well I am hoping they survive there until next Friday/Sat when I get paid again, I just spent most of my money now on the DIC and HUD.

Alright Thanks guys I was unaware of the 2 body styles. So I guess I have a BYU fog light cover, I got it for free, the lady told me not to worry about it, so if anyone needs one, let me know.

yah, it took me awhile to figure it out too.....i was going to post up pictures....but i got lazy.

lol i was reading and i was like whoa a 3.6 would be nice. There was definately 2 different body styles on the GPs so that can make things a pita. If i find one saturday i will send it out for you :mrgreen: