Resonator

mediabandit

I am going to have all new stainless pipe ran for my exhaust next week sometime and i would like to know what the best/longest resonator i can buy is. i need it to get out as much rasp as possible. i have an 8" on there now, just behind the cat.

it will be getting a new high flow cat as well.

thanks.

I actually have 2 resonators on mine. I originally started out with a single 8inch one behind the cat but when i removed the cat i had it replaced with a 16inch or so one. The only differance i noticed in sound from with cat to without is it is deeper, still absolutely no rasp, even at a cold startup.

Kyle

I am going to have all new stainless pipe ran for my exhaust next week sometime and i would like to know what the best/longest resonator i can buy is. i need it to get out as much rasp as possible. i have an 8" on there now, just behind the cat.

thanks.

Off topic. Who's doing the work? Public or Private?

Try checking out the resonator setups from Borla.

I actually have 2 resonators on mine. I originally started out with a single 8inch one behind the cat but when i removed the cat i had it replaced with a 16inch or so one. The only differance i noticed in sound from with cat to without is it is deeper, still absolutely no rasp, even at a cold startup.

Kyle

i need to keep the cat on it, it is the law here to be able to pass inspection.

thanks.

Off topic. Who's doing the work? Public or Private?

Try checking out the resonator setups from Borla.

i am going to have the work done at the local muffler shop i have all my exhaust work done at.

none of my other vehicles have even needed a resonator. but i will look to see what borla has available and see if i will have to have one ordered in.

will that restrict any flow? i am going to be using my mufflers i have now, i really like them and they are still almost brand new, i just want to replace the piping from the DP back, including a new high flow cat. and i see that that one says it is a resonator muffler, so i am wondering if it is the same thing as a normal resonator or if it is something else.