junk yard day again!

89SupremeCutty

i went to the local j/y today and got tails and an exhaust system. i got everything for $68.

the exhaust from a monte carlo z34: dualexhaust1.jpg

here's the old tail lights: oldtaillights.jpg

and here's the new tail lights: newtaillights1.jpg

hopefully the exhaust will go on without much of a hassle. it gave me absolutely no hassle geting out from the other car due to the o2 wire holding it on. i didn't have to cut it off the other car at all.

i know i'll probly need hangers for the left side.

oh i also saw a couple L27BBQ's, one in an 90's olds 88, and 2 in '99+ GP's and 1 L67BBQ which was in a late model regal.

thanks! i just gotta remove the 'monte carlo' from it. im not sure if i wanna keep the z34 on it, find some ltz badges to put back there or maybe nothing at all but the chevy bow tie emblem. i think that rear panel looks a lot better than chipped house paint that was put there previously.

sometime this week i'll see about geting the duals on there.

Nice score, cant wait for another trip myself.

Then drive your ass up here next Sunday :lol: I still need to get a PCM

Yeah, the Monte ass looks much hawter than the Lumi ass..

(I can belive I just said the ass of a Monte actully looks good :lol:)

thanks on the comments all! i'll get a spoiler as soon as i can find one.

i went to m&m u-pull it on williams. they had a few older lumis, cuttys, one pre-'96 GP and a few newer ones and not many regals. the monte i grabbed everything from had a 3.4 dohc with only 78K miles on it. i didn't have enough money or hands with me to grab the black leather interior. it also had the radio controls on the steering wheel. it was the only '95+ monte that didn't have smashed rear lights.

i totally think the car looks a whole lot better. should i debadge the rear of the 'monte carlo' and keep the z34 or should i debadge that too?

thanks on the comments all! i'll get a spoiler as soon as i can find one.

i went to m&m u-pull it on williams. they had a few older lumis, cuttys, one pre-'96 GP and a few newer ones and not many regals. the monte i grabbed everything from had a 3.4 dohc with only 78K miles on it. i didn't have enough money or hands with me to grab the black leather interior. it also had the radio controls on the steering wheel. it was the only '95+ monte that didn't have smashed rear lights.

i totally think the car looks a whole lot better. should i debadge the rear of the 'monte carlo' and keep the z34 or should i debadge that too?

Ive been there several times. They always have tons of base model lumis. Its always fun to go there and just look around. The one time i actually found a car worth taking parts off of (91-94 GP) it was right after the october storm and that area of the yard was completely flooded!!

next time i go there im gonna try to find some monte wheels. i saw some on a cutlass ciera a few weeks ago but now t's up on jacks and they're gone lol.

I vote you put your regular badges back on. I hate when people badge their car something that its not. Also whenever I see a car with no badges I always think it was in an accident and the person was too cheap to put the badges back on.

M&M isgreat! Turnover is high there so if you want something now then you gotta get it right away or squirl it away like I do in my secret hiding spot in the "old" section. They also come back from auction on Thursdays, so if you want to beat the mexicans getting all the good parts go after they come back form auction.

I vote you put your regular badges back on. I hate when people badge their car something that its not. Also whenever I see a car with no badges I always think it was in an accident and the person was too cheap to put the badges back on.

M&M isgreat! Turnover is high there so if you want something now then you gotta get it right away or squirl it away like I do in my secret hiding spot in the "old" section. They also come back from auction on Thursdays, so if you want to beat the mexicans getting all the good parts go after they come back form auction.

their turnover is usually high and that's why i like going there every few weeks to see what they have. with the days i have off i wouldn't be able to get there till saturday or sunday to get the good parts before the mexicans. im really glad i got most of my stuff from one car.