Difficult to make a single exhaust bumper to a dual bumper?

Dannymik

I want to get dual exhaust for my Cutlass, but it came with the single slotted rear bumper. Now is it OK to cut the bumper to make it a dual exhaust?

rearbumper.jpg

w-body.jpg

I was thinking about doing the same thing. Then i decided that it might look better to go to a salvage yard and pick up a dual cut out bumper. I am adventually going to buy a fiberglass hood with a 3 inch cowl, and when ever i do that i am going to get the bumper and get my single exhaust turned into dual.

I want to get dual exhaust for my Cutlass, but it came with the single slotted rear bumper.

Now is it OK to cut the bumper to make it a dual exhaust?

Oh yeah, you can cut it out... it's only plastic.

But you only get to cut once. Remember that. :wink:

Yet, if I was in your situtation, I'd locate a rear dual opening fasica from a local yard.

The down-side is, you're more than likely to paint it since your color RARELY exists.

It's you call; personally I would stay one side since I HATE dealing with body parts.

- Erik

I had my bumper cut to fit duals on my car....it didnt take to long seeing that it is only plastic and it looks fine...not to hard or job..it think to cut it, he only used a pair or tin snips, and they worked fine

thank god i have a GP byp. i just bought the lower fascia for it for $50 and got it painted then had my exhaust done. i'd really love to get a webpage made so i can show pictures of my car to people. i'm worthless

thank god i have a GP byp. i just bought the lower fascia for it for $50 and got it painted then had my exhaust done. i'd really love to get a webpage made so i can show pictures of my car to people. i'm worthless

http://photo.starblvd.net not really a "webpage" but a good pic hosting site....doesn't take but a sec to set up an account.....so get us some pics :shock: :wink: