rke issue

cutdog12

keyless entry not working my keyfob seem to be ok tested it at autozone and it seems fine I haven't really tried to do the grounding in the trunk because i have nothing to ground with if there is anything any tips on what I can to for a ground.Today I went to the yard & grabbed 2 receivers come home ready to install & no luck it looks like my reciever has two connections & the 2 i grabbed only had 1 I have a 3.4 vert they were pulled from 3.1 verts need help fellas

You need an RKE box from a 1995+ car...You can ground the wire to the trunk latch...The antenna ground...If you go back, get me VINs from those 'verts...

The grounding plug is a one-wire affair that can be found hanging near the antenna mast behind the carpet in the trunk. Its black with a green stripe, IIRC.

is there another car I can grab the rke box from that will also work in my 93 3.4 cutty with 2 connectors not 1 I know manic says to look for 95 on up cuttys just wondering if there were any other w bodies out there thats compatible

Odd that a 1993 would have two connectors, up to 1994 only had one. But careful with 1996+ boxes as some go through the BCM and won't work in your car.

Odd that a 1993 would have two connectors, up to 1994 only had one. But careful with 1996+ boxes as some go through the BCM and won't work in your car.

x2 many of the features on the newer ones wont work with older because of the BCM (body control module)

hey fellas its still not not working I finally got all the locks to power cycle but the locks are not working when i hit the buttons on the keyfob do you hve to reprogram it after it done

Thats great, I'm thinking thats what it is because I just left autozone tested my keyfob didn't work purchased some new batteries for it grounded the trunk connector locks cycled but no luck & still nothing so I feel to believe its the remote

• 1 month later...