1994 Cutlass Supreme

topless94style

I just bought my car on july 1st. The engine is stock. give me some ideas on how i can spend $400 to make this baby faster. i got a site on cardomain ill post the link later.

yea i need some tips on how to do the cold air intake. for the exhaust my cat is ratteling so thats coming off and im adding a cherry bomb in its place. i was thinkin of adding flowmaster either 40 or 50 series mufflers not sure which. think thatll be good enough for exhaust? also are there any worth while ignition systems out there?

hmm im not sure, another thing you could do is add a strut tower bar, that helps the handling of the car alot, they are only 20 bucks at DB Performance, you should check them out:

http://DBperf.tripod.com

most people have had good luck with getting a drop-in K&N filter and then drilling holes on the bottom part of the air box, me myself used a K&N cone filter and some PVC to fab up my own, ill see if i can get some pictures of it, the battery in the camera is dead right now so it might take a while :?

If you want cheap speed, and thats ALL you care about, invest in a Nitrous system. Spend about 200 bucks more than you first thought, do it right, and you'll be plenty fast. However, thats if you ONLY care about speed and nothing else. I'd personally do every other mod first, but that includes headwork, intake work, etc. That stuff gets expensive, and the bolt ons don't really yield a huge noticeable gain like NOS would for the same amount of money IMO.

i dont want nos. i care about the other stuff but since im starting college its gotta stay a bit cheaper and im lookin for little mods for now to beat rice into the ground with. my friend is talkin shit about is like 137hp del sol and i wanna make sure i can smoke his ass with my 210hp.

LOL del sol, you dont even have to try to beat those, they are like the exact representation of a girl who wants a car with a "sporty" look but doesnt care about speed, along with mazda miata's, yeah sure they are small, but they werent built for outrageous performance

True, I don't like Del Sols either but I was just saying not all of them are slow. Miatas aren't slow either. They are however bitch cars and I wouldn't be caught dead driving one.

no kidding, they are designed for: girls, guys that arent all there (not too manly if ya know what i mean) and for men going through a middle age crisis. if someone offered me a del sol or a miata, i would take it, sell it, and buy a faster car, like a z28 or a charger

Same here. I just rode in a 00' Z28 today my friends dad bought, man that shit flies! It was a stripped down 5-speed with no power windows or locks and no t-tops but it flew. I don't get a chance to get into a fast car very often.

I just bought my car on july 1st. The engine is stock. give me some ideas on how i can spend $400 to make this baby faster. i got a site on cardomain ill post the link later.

Well, glad you signed on. Welcome!

First, before all modifications, start with a baseline tune-up.

You'd be amazed on what you'll achieve with new stock wires / AC Delco plugs / fluids changed / parts cleaned.

From there, like memebers have stated, sky's the limit.

From your screen name, I'm willing to be you have the 3.4L DOHC in that Ragtopper of your.

If so, you may want to consider reading up on some DOHC procedures / tips / precations.

But, it's gonna take some time / parts to get your Cutlass running with a Del Sol.

Sorry man, but your 3400+lbs / 210hp will not come close to a 2500+lbs / 160hp (Si VTEC) or 125hp (Si).

You're gonna have to a) loose weight or B) get into some serious performance parts.

Again, glad you joined, and make use of that Search function above. It's your new best friend!

- Erik

oh gees they are fun, my ex had an 86 w/5.0 it wasnt that fast, i could keep up with it off the line, just because it ran like shit. but my friends stepdad has an 87 Iroc-Z with the 5.7 TPI, oh lordie, that thing is so awesome, its an automatic though, but it still flies!!! it has the daytona hood, its black with gold 'iroc-z' lettering with like 15% tinted windows, its badass, it has the awesome iroc rims as well, hes selling it, but only if someone comes to him to buy it, he wants like 6 or 7 grand i think, but that is 1 nice FAST car!!

Yeah Camaros and Firebirds are great, and Erik my stock GTP doesn't have a problem with any Del Sol short of the VTEC, which I have never even seen but would definetly kick my ass.

i drove a pacifica last night (my gf's) and they arent that slow, definetly would take a chunk out of my car, chew it up, and spit it back in my face! big car too... in-dash 6 cd/dvd player, wowsa... its wierd because you put the key into the dash to start it up! like right next to the radio! i dont know if i could get used to that... its like the race car, cept the race car doesnt have a speedometer! only RPM guage and oil pressure! and a 2-speed tranny, w00t! havent one a race yet! but we've gotten 4th out of 6 once! and a couple times we have gotten 5th! W00Twe suck