euro cluster conversion

bodeen2007

i was wondering if it would be possible to swap a euro cluster with harness into my lumina without cutting and splicing. I know i have to change my temp sensor and oil sensor . Also how much work to swap a cutlass dash into it probably more work then the car is worth. just dreaming on the cutlass dash. Any help would be appreciated . You guys have help me out allot thanks. And sorry if i'm asking stupid questions.

Im no lumina expert but you should be able to swap clusters without any modification. Like you said you would have to change sensors. As far as a dash swap, its possible, but may not fit without some persuasion and then you would really get into cutting and splicing for the cluster.

i'm gonna be buying the whole dash at pull a part in Cleveland so why not get the harness when i'm there. So if it just plug and play that would be great.

GP dash pwns the CS dash. Perfect example are Venom and I who swapped to GP dashes to allow for HUD and DIC.

The dashes can be bolted in no prob. The most you will need extra are the A-pillar trim panels, Console to match, and the duct work and IP reinforcement bar. All of that will cost about $77 at pull a part :wink: Just haul the dash in the wheelbarrow with the wiring harness up underneath the dash and guess what, FREEBIE!!! :lol:

The only other thing is like Rob said, you will need some persuasion... Its not a super finess swap as shit tends to be in the way, you just gotta force things into place here and there.

You also might need new door panels as the dash wont flow very well (GP or CS) to the Lumina door panels. The CS door panels match both the GP and CS dash nicely and shoulnt be an issue to put in.

IF you swap a dash in, the best be is to get all the pigtails for everything like the cluster and switches and just wire it up into your existing harness. A CS or GP harness from the C100 connector into a early Lumina is some serious uncharted territory. Its not worth the time and risk to try to swap the entire harness when all you need to do it wire in a Cluster and switch (or HUD and DIC if you want as well)

Actually putting the dash in isnt too hard. Rob and I pulled a GP dash for his car in less than an hour. If you dont know what you are looking for like when I pulled mine 2 weeks prior to helping him, it took me 2 hours. Not hard, just finding all the damn bolts and screws can be a bitch...

Installing the dash shoulnt take too much longer than removing it from the donor vehicle

i like the grand prix dash i'm just lazy.So for now i think i'm just gonna put the euro dash in it . I'll keep the gp dash idea for when i get my cutlass. I found a 1993 cutlass conv for 300.00 bucks. Going to look at it tomorrow. When i do i'll try to remember to get the vin. The car needs allot of work as it has no engine, transmission or front sub frame also was hit light in the rear. no structural damage just sheet metal. i do know that it is red with black interior. It is sitting at my uncles body shop and he said that he has a sub frame and suspension with wheels to get it on a trailer. I asked him how the top was on it and he said that the people that owned it replaced the top and then wrecked the car a week later. He also said the the fstb is still there. it's in the trunk so i'll let you guys know what happens...

Make more than $300 parting it out...Especially if it was a 3.4 car...Figure $75-100 for the STB; $50-100 for the lip spoiler and tails; $200-300 for the top; $200-300 for various interior pieces; $100 or so for 5 spokes wheels...

Make more than $300 parting it out...Especially if it was a 3.4 car...Figure $75-100 for the STB; $50-100 for the lip spoiler and tails; $200-300 for the top; $200-300 for various interior pieces; $100 or so for 5 spokes wheels...

my uncle knows he could make some good money parting it out, but he said he would rather me fix it then for him to sell the parts. Plus he knows i love w-body's. I called him last night and he said that it was used for parts to fix another cutty conv .

That swap is not too bad but you will have to splice a power wire and run a wire for the tach. That GINORMOUS speedo on the base cluster drove me crazy until I did the swap.

That swap is not too bad but you will have to splice a power wire and run a wire for the tach. That GINORMOUS speedo on the base cluster drove me crazy until I did the swap.

a power wire for what. I'm gonna be using the whole euro wiring harness

The dashes can be bolted in no prob.

:thinking: I think I'd rather pull a motor than swap a dash in these cars.. but perhaps I'm remember my misery incorrectly.

:thinking: I think I'd rather pull a motor than swap a dash in these cars.. but perhaps I'm remember my misery incorrectly.

Its not too bad. Should take about an hour for removal and maybe 2 at the most for install. Venon can vouch for me on this

Its not too bad. Should take about an hour for removal and maybe 2 at the most for install. VENOM can vouch for me on this

fixed.

Yeah its not entirely difficult as it seems. Took me an hour to pull mine out and would have taken even less to put the new one in if I didnt forget to grab the GP duct work also.

• 5 years later...