For DOHC Motor people, need some help

fleetwoodguy79

Hey everyone,

I have some questions that I don't know if can be answered. Please IM me at either AOL: fleetwoodguy79 or MSN: fleetwoodguy79@hotmail.com

The machine shop called today and I'm going to my block and heads tomorrow so WATCH OUT PEOPLE! :-) Check my website for updates because I will be adding them soon. Thanks for your help all![/u]

Ok, here we go:

1. Does the intermediate shaft drive the oil pump? Because it looks like its just a cog that drives the timing belt.

2. I have pretty much all new parts except for the igition coils, EGR valve, and fuel injectors. Is it a good idea to replace these as well? Because they are extremely expensive.

3. I was told by FFP NOT to alter the cam timing since my tranny more than likely will not hold the torque. With all I am doing to this motor, you think it will hold anyway?

4. Is there a gasket that goes between the tranny and motor itself? I ALWAYS see them on cars, but I see no signs of it on this one.

5. Anyone have a 4T60-E in good condition they wanna sell me?

Sorry for the long post, but I've gotta get this thing running soon! I'm too excited! In case you don't know what I'm doing look at: http://gzebrasky.home.insightbb.com to see whats going on. Thanks and take care!

As for the tranny question, if you are looking for a 4T60e to buy to put in a car w/ performance mods, I would be wary. I am waiting for mine to go, afterwards, I will probably take out a loan and buy the 4T60eHD that ASG sells. It is essentially a 4T60e tranny casing, w/ hardened parts from a caddy tranny. It can hold up to 400hp and it has a warranty. It is around 3k, and that includes installation.

1. Yes, it drives the oil pump.

2. If they are good why replace them? Those parts are fairly easy to get to anyways

3. The cam timing is more for the 5spd's that can take advantage of higher rpm's

4. Not that I know of.

5. How soon?