Always check the barn!

UWISHU1

I remember a story like this, where someone located a garage full of vintage Corvettes in Queens.

Awesome find on behalf of the homeowner.

damn. that's a lot of cars. anyone else see the cutlass in the third pic?

yeah i saw the cutlass to i want the white porsche and the few others

I remember a story like this, where someone located a garage full of vintage Corvettes in Queens.

Awesome find on behalf of the homeowner.

That collection was won from a VH1 contest in the early '90s. Some artist wanted to buy the lot and paint trees on them or something.

pwned by snopes again!!

I suggest a new rule, anyone who posts something on the forum without looking up or verfying its authenticity first, should be permabanned !!! :downsowned:

Back in 02 while going to college and living in Winona MN, I found a 91 I think Buick Riviera in WI, I can't remember the exact location, but it was a rural address between Trempealeau and Galesville WI, The car was really nice, but had the digital dash, and he said he replaced it once and was having trouble with it again. The guy that had the car was in his late 70's, and had at least a dozen semi trailers in his yard that were closed up and had boxes and stuff crammed underneath every one of them, I asked him about them and he said he rented them out, but I didn't think at the time why all that crap was underneath them they obviously hadn't moved in awhile. I just thought the guy was an old pack-rat. The Riveara was in and addition to the barn, along with some older pickups, I recognized a 55 Chevy pickup, and a few other older cars, but the building had vehicles parked really tight in there, the Riviera was about the only one that would be easy to get out, you probably could barely walk between the other cars. There was maybe a dozen cars in there besides the riveara, but they were all very old and very much in mint condition. I didn't buy the car, and never really gave it any thought, just figured it was an old retired guy that had money but didn't use any of it except for a few nice cars. I was told last year by a co-worker that there was a man out in rural WI that had died and had no relatives left, and they sold the place at auction, and it too had a lot of semi trailers on the property that were apparently welded shut and inside every one were classic cars that were in mint condition, and some that were bought new, placed inside the trailers, and he had welded every door, quarter panel and fender to the inside of the trailer walls and welded the trunk of one to the hodd of the next so they couldn't be taken out of the trailers without ruining the panels. I'm not sure if it was the same place but it definatley sonded like it, how many people have a dozen semi trailers sitting in their yard? The fact that I never told anyone about me looking at the car until he told me this story convinces me. I've searched for it to see where it was and if it's true, but after hearing about it and judging from the cars I saw in the portion of the barn with the Riviera, it definaltely could be true, the cars they found even with the damage to the bady parts totaled something like $7.5 million

:EDIT: found the article, that's what the deal was, he said they were parked bak to back, not welded, I remeber the coworker ralking about that, and how he pulled most of the motors. here's the atricle

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1985029/posts

I'd like to find more pictures to see if I can regognize the place, but it does say NE WI maybe not.

More than likely most of those cars what sat near the wall are ruined by years of bird shit. The open top ones ... even worse. Rodents nesting in recesses and all.