Quick ?: What size Torx bit is the seatbelt Buckle assembly?

ns87

Go to Walmart, buy the 3/8 stanley Torx set, it's like $11 and comes with 11 bits, everything from a T8 to a T55, and I've used a breaker bar on my T55 before, and it didn't bend or break.

T50 or T55

one of these, but yeah just go buy a cheap set.

I agree to just go buy a set, but Im a strong believer of spending some money on a good set of torx, like impact grade. Ive spent more money on cheap ones that kept twisting and breaking then if I just spent the money on a good set.

I use a set I get at Menards (home improvement warehouse store) $5.99 or $6.99 has 7 bits and I have not had a problem, except I eventually buy a new set every year as I loose bits. so... I have about 2.5 sets now. LOL

it has: T15, T20, T25, T30, T40, T45, T50. These are 3/8 inch drive.

It is always the big one for seatbelts, and the t30 for most other things like the airbag or c100 connector. 15 or 20 for the bolt that holds the cylinder in.

I have Rob take mine out...He's like Chuck Norris, he doesn't need a Torx bit, he can do it with his hand...

Yeah I use that cheap set for everything else, and I bought a napa T60 1/2 inch drive for the breaks, Napa carries a lifetime warranty and was $8, you definately want a 1/2 inch drive for the brakes, most ppl's w's I've worked on required a big ass breaker bar on that torx bit to get the bolt loose on the brakes. My brother's 94 CS sedan required a bg breaker bar with a 3 foot pipe on the end to break it loose.

Yup T50. I got a set with T40,45, and 50. thanks :high5: My dad's Ciera will finally stop telling him to buck seatbelt :lol: I pulled a CS one too, but it was bent differently than the Ciera.

Yup T50. I got a set with T40,45, and 50. thanks :high5: My dad's Ciera will finally stop telling him to buck seatbelt :lol: I pulled a CS one too, but it was bent differently than the Ciera.

and just why the hell were we helping on this? I hope it was due to a defective sensor and not a lack of interest in safety!

and just why the hell were we helping on this? I hope it was due to a defective sensor and not a lack of interest in safety!

Its funny how when I type things, the wrong impression always comes out. I'm even worse at instant messaging.

The plastic "GM" logo broke off his seatbelt buckle. Then part of the plastic which holds the buckle up cracked (so you had to tilt the buckle up every time)/ Then the sensor wire ripped out one day (I don't know what my dad does on his 14 mile commute :lol:)

Either way, that's why I was replacing the buckle. Not to stop anyone from wearing the seatbelt

Its funny how when I type things, the wrong impression always comes out. I'm even worse at instant messaging.

you asked for it. Posting > you :willynilly: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's a T47.

Weird size but trust me, I just recently found out thats the right size.

for some reason i used to know that. but the T50 from my Menards set works, though I usually have to tap it in!