washer bottle

mediabandit

what year f-body windshield washer bottle do i need to pick up to use with my fwi? i have been meaning to do it, but just haven't had the time. but i need one in there before our trip to Toronto this summer. thanks.

100_7448.jpg

fyi, the ductape is gone, new coolant hose replaced it,lol

supposedly it's the 4th gen bottle '93-02 it sits up front, under/around the hood latch mech but I have yet to see someone install it.

I have one, just had to extend the pump wire and tube and it was good to go.

I got mine for basically the cost of shipping off an f-body forum.

Jamie

I have done it aswell... works great... yes you need to extend the pump wires and hose. that is correct on the year for the F-body... think mine came off a 93. the only other modification i had to make was to cut part of the radiator bracket that holds the hood latch.

IMG_2111.jpg

saddly the second tab was broken when the trany shop had to remove my cooler during the rebuild...

how the hell do you have all that space there :lol: it sure won't be possible to do on most 1st gens without cutting up the plastic header panel.

x2 I can even imagine trying to put a washer bottle down there.

It is a tight fit... I wish I had tried the fit before I went and painted the bottle... because installing it I scratched the hell out of the paint...

Note to self, don't paint bottle... not only did a scratch the shit out of it putting it in, but the winter caused the paint to flake off and the washer fluid wasn't nice to the paint when I spilled some... Oh well, not much longer now and there won't be any paint left on it.

Here are some pics...

Matt (93luminaz34) helped me out installing it by making brackets to lower it down a couple inches so I didn't have to cut up the black covers.

Bracket;

CIMG3323.jpg

CIMG3324.jpg

I had to take out a support bracket to get it in place, I could probably put it back in, but I forget where I put it, lol. You can see the 2 bolts where the bracket used to be bolted to.

CIMG3325.jpg

And this is what it looks like when the covers are put back on.

CIMG3327.jpg

Jamie

The impact on the rad is unnoticeable, my car heats up no faster than it used to.

I have this bottle in front of the rad and a broken valance, I should be screwed, :lol:

Jamie

yeah you do, but its only the 2 clips. If you can handle installing the bottle, I think you can handle the clips to fill it. How often do you really fill it? I fill mine every couple months or so. The f-body one does hold a bit more fluid I think.

Jamie

In my Lumina I fill it four times I year - most of the fills are in spring. I agree the one in my Lumina was rather small - what does it hold?? Like 2 liters?

My Millenia holds 6 liters - I've never added fluid since I've bought it and still haven't ran out in over a year lol...cold climate package FTW

I honestly couldn't tell you what it holds, its been so long since I put any in it, lol. I want to say somewhere in the neighborhood of 3.5L.

Jamie