Headlight ?

kwk39018

Hey guys i am new here so i hope you can help me.Got a 93 olds cutty 2 door, I hate the stock headlight. Is there any thing i can do, like new (blue) high wattage bulbs? I read that some here has done that and i was wondering how? I realy dont what to buy a hid kit, if i not have to. Thanks :burnout:

Going to the high wattage bulbs made a slight difference for me... but I would save the money and just put it towards a good HID kit. Maybe this weekend if 93luminaz34 isn't busy we can set up his old HID kit on my car and I can take pics of the difference between mini quads with HIDs and the Sylvania Cool Blue lights I have.

FWIW, those Cool Blue lights, didn't stay blue very long, they are now dull and yellow.

Jamie

I dunno if the Cutty mini quads are any different than the GP mini quads. But what I did was twisted the old bulb out (they are glued in, it wasn't the easiest of things to do, a bench vise is your friend.) Then I glued the new bulb in place. Now, 2 years later, that glue is failing, so I dunno what I'm going to do now...

I may try and get my hands on a NEW light housing and see if an HID bulb will screw in properly.

Jamie

hey thanks that what thinking. I'm very suprised that a compine dont make a kit for these stupied lights. You can fined kits or bulb for just about every althor car on the road.

hey thanks that what thinking. I'm very suprised that a compine dont make a kit for these stupied lights. You can fined kits or bulb for just about every althor car on the road.

Welcome to the w-body world, no one makes after market parts specifically for these cars.

Jamie

there was a group but thread a while back about getting headlight conversions.

here's the website http://www.eurolamps.com/eurolamps/camaro_headlights.htm

they say only camaro and firebird but mabye the camaro and gp and cs use the same light, but i'm not sure.

They are the same H4351 if Im not mistaken (but probably am)

I dunno if the Cutty mini quads are any different than the GP mini quads.

For the record... 1992-97 Cutlass coupe, 1991-96 Grand Prix coupe, 1998-02 Firebird and 1993-97 Camaro all use the same headlight.

I have that eurolight site saved in my favs.....one of the best upgrades i ever spent my money on. glueing in new bulbs never lasted longer than 2 weeks for me

I have that eurolight site saved in my favs.....one of the best upgrades i ever spent my money on. glueing in new bulbs never lasted longer than 2 weeks for me

what is different about the EuroLight kit? have they modified the housing so that the new bulbs will twist into the socket? If so I might just have to do that...

Jamie

exactly....well you clip it in, you dont twist it. and the clip is very very cheap. but it still fucking works and thats all thats important.

Right on, they don't look too cheap, I would call it more simple.

What light bulb option did you go with? Xenon-Charged Blue/White, Yellow SuperBright ION, or Blue/Gold SuperBright ION? and how bright are they?

I kinda want to put HIDs in so I might even just see if I can get the housings only.

Jamie

Get the xenon blue.....the yellow is stupid, and the gold ones are NOT gold. I got the gold ones and they are solid bright green. I ended up liking them cuz it went with my car, they looked cool n they were bright as fuck. I wouldnt recommend the 'gold' ones for you cuz ur car is red. Also their bulbs are 100W which is why they will be so bright. I recommend taking a trip to the store and finding your own lights. Oh and they are cheap, youll see when you get it how flimbsy that clip feels. Its fine though just be careful.

Thanks for the pics. Just waiting for some extra cash so i can pick the lights.This is a great site for info.I asked on a nother site got but nowhere. :twisted: