PCV Valve question

Captain Ficho

Today I pulled my PCV Valve and put my new one in. It was an easy job, but then the inner historian in me came out. :lol:

So I took my old one out and it looked pretty battered. I got no maintenance records with the car so I was curious vaguely how old it is. I looked at it closely and it has the name "AC Rochester" imprinted in it. I did a little googling and AC Rochester merged with AC Remy in 1994 and they formed Delco Systems... does that mean this is a pre-1994 PCV valve? Could it even be the original one from 92? Does that explain why I am get 18mpg? :lol:

... soooo... vintage PCV Valve circa 1992 for sale... mostly functional, I'll take bids starting at $800, anyone? Perfect for anyone who wants wants authentic General Motors goodness! :lol:

My 89 still has its original PCV. I guess I could have changed it back in '99 when I had the plenum off, but I was always under the impression if the ball still rattles, the PCV is okay. I swear I read that someplace. :lol:

PCV valves are too often overlooked...It wouldn't surprise me.

If it wasn't on the wrong side on the motor jammed in there against the firewall I'd replace it more often lol.

If it wasn't on the wrong side on the motor jammed in there against the firewall I'd replace it more often lol.

Wow - are you telling me that for one of the few instances that the LQ1 PCV valve is easier to change than on the pushrod engines?!?

Then of course, there's changing the plug wires AND routing them properly in the clips (and the zip tube covers) like the factory did - I found it easier to remove the cooling fans first to gain more room for my hands.

Wow - are you telling me that for one of the few instances that the LQ1 PCV valve is easier to change than on the pushrod engines?!?

Then of course, there's changing the plug wires AND routing them properly in the clips (and the zip tube covers) like the factory did - I found it easier to remove the cooling fans first to gain more room for my hands.

An LQ1 PCV is a thousand times easier than doing one on an LH0...lol