Has anyone ever seen this engine?

meltboy1

I am just curious if my old engine ever made it out to anyone here...

The story starts about 6 years ago, I had my old 91 grand prix's engine rebuilt.

I went in the air force in 02, and in 04 I was deploying. Well about 3 days before my deployment, my subframe falls out and I have nothing I can do with the car on that short notice 400 miles away from home so I had to junk the car, cuz the base wouldn't let me two it on and I had nowhere to put it for 4 months...

This was the engine I had in there, which I loved so much....

keep in mind, this was from 2004 and it was in the greater Washington DC area.

I gotta imagine someone came across that and pulled the whole thing...

my_car.jpg

grandprix0012.jpg

grandprix0002.jpg

grandprix0001.jpg

what a shame - after all the effort (nice engine detailing!) to have the cradle fall out.

The evils of road salt...more cars have died off due to body / frame rot like that.

Curious as to how you put an engine in and not noticed the subframe in potential drop-out-the bottom of the car condition?? Is this just me?

Curious as to how you put an engine in and not noticed the subframe in potential drop-out-the bottom of the car condition?? Is this just me?

That's what I was thinking too. It looked great though.

well I did drive another 30-40 thousand miles or so in between the rebuild and the engine falling out, so chances are it wasn't bad when it was done.

I didn't know a whole lot about cars back then and had no idea about the subframe thing or I woulda had my buddy who did the engine check it.