TGP or Phantom?

phantomFE3

hey i need some honest opinions on this, ive been mailing tgpguy21 about his TGP for sale, but he hasnt mailed me back yet and im selling all my shit to maybe buy this from him, and im workin my ass off at work as well, but is it really worth it? with the 1000 bucks he wants for it, i could get for my car : new ground affects, hood painted and a new engine, as well as some other things, so its kindof a tossup, if i dont spend the money on a TGP then i will have a really nice REGULAR cutlass (n/a) but then if i buy a TGP, well, its a TGP!!! i really want a tgp but im just not quite sure, 1000 may not seem alot for it, but think of what i could do with 1000 to my car, for 1 g i could get a different 3.1 from the junkyard for 350, spend 650 in parts for it and make it a screamer! but then i would still have the rust and the non-painted hood, what do you guys think???

Go get a loan, buy the TGP, sell your Cutlass (or hang on to it, which ever you choose) and use the money to pay towards the TGP loan..

Don't know how old you are, but my insurance is $50 cheaper if I have 2 vehicles (multi car discount).

as rare as the phantom is....... Id say go with the TGP, those things are bitchin. Sell the Phantom, and toss all that dough into to TGP and make it a roarin beast, your girlfriends parents would be more impressed with a TGP than an Oldsmobile ;)

hey man don't be hatin' on the olds! :x and Brian of all people! for shame! the end is nigh!

wellllllll......The phantom was a dealer installed package anyway, there's a few '00 SS Impalas here made by a dealershit oops I mean dealership. Plus I know exactly the pros and cons of the 89 Cutlass base model vs a turbo grand prix. And it's more than whats under the hood.

The way it sounds, the TGP needs work anyways.(paint job, engine work) So it's not like once you put down the money for the car you're done. Keep that in mind.

thats true, the tgp needs work, but then look at the phantom, its got a gray primered hood, paint peeling off the roof, a couple little spots of rust ( medium sized :? ) and it needs new brakes (the rears are frozen) and the digital dash doesnt work, so hmm...

probably around 1200, depends on if anyone is actually interested in it :roll: its sitting out by the road right now with a for sale sign of 1,500, i could maybe go lower if i took the rear buckets out and put the original seat back on it, but lets see, id say its worth around 1200 to me anyway, thats with the rear leathers and stuff, so i dont know, alot of variables affect it really, but it all depends on if i get someone interested, lol!

i'd say...just keep the Phantom due to the limit availability of the Phantom Cutlass and take out a loan for the TGP. two w-bodies are better than one! hell....two rare ones at that!

ok 1200 + rear brakes = 1500 1500 + paint/sanding = $2000 I have a digital cluster so I wouldn't have to spend money on that. If you come off that price some let me know, and I might be interested.

well hold on here, its only gonna cost 150 to get the hood painted, and not much more than that to get the roof touched up i dont know about brakes, but sure, i can go lower on the price, or i could get everything done for it here because it seems like ive gotten the best prices for body work and stuff and you could just pay me what went in to it? i dont know, if you wanted to do all the stuff on your own thats fine, and yes i could come down on the price, PM me if you are interested in how much ill go down

Dude, that car might be sitting there for a while if you're asking 1500. I got my Z for $650 and got it on the road reliably for $1.60. (had my own water pump) Granted, it has 174,000 miles, but most people don't know the 3.4 is a maintenence hog. People see bright paint and a strong engine and that's 90% of your battle. I guess I haven't seen the car personally, but good luck.

Guest RedCutlassSL

brian said something about dealer made 00 impalas, i see black impalas around town every so often, they have ss on it. WTF? i hope this doesn't change the topic

Dude, that car might be sitting there for a while if you're asking 1500. I got my Z for $650 and got it on the road reliably for $1.60. (had my own water pump) Granted, it has 174,000 miles, but most people don't know the 3.4 is a maintenence hog. People see bright paint and a strong engine and that's 90% of your battle. I guess I haven't seen the car personally, but good luck.

Unlike your Z which was produced in high numbers there were only 200 Phantoms. I know they aren't all that but I'm sure someone would pay $1500 to have a car that rare.

Buy the TGP man.

brian said something about dealer made 00 impalas, i see black impalas around town every so often, they have ss on it. WTF? i hope this doesn't change the topic

GM makes 03 SS impalas, but a dealer here slapped on some SS badges on higher model Impalas in '00....kind of just like the Monte carlo, slap dem SS logos on a 3.8 powered car and ta-da!

Think of it this way though, I know, you know, and everyone else on this board knows how rare the car is. But "Johnny Everyman" that's walking down the street has no idea that it's anything but a plain old cutlass. It would be like one of us going along and seeing a.......oh some kind of import with a little bit different body kit. Because we're either drunk or high, we ask about it. He says, yeah you could get one almost identical to this for less $, but this one is super rare. Since I'm just looking for transportation, I walk by. You're really going to have to look for the right buyer, that's all I'm saying.

yep, thats why i posted it on here as well, so people that might be interested in it for its rareness, and maybe could get their friends or someone into w-bodies and i would say this would be a damn good start, im offering 1500 here at home but like i said 1200 for any of you guys since well, i dont know. lol it should be the other way around, i sell it for less to the people who dont care about a phantom and sell it for more for people know about it! lol, but im not that mean, i just wanna get rid of it!!! if i sell it for 1500 then ill for sure have enough for the TGP, but i dont know, its gonna be tight