Just need my car to work!!!PLEASE HELP ANYBODY!!!!!!!!!

windwalker

My car is the pontiac grand am turbo ste 3.1. 1990. It was manufactured 6/90 and put on line 7/14/1990. The vin is lg5wts4v2lf304878. La33.lv5fgp7, kbo-1k. my car started loosing power while I was driving, and for a few minutes it would coast along or just stop. The longer I sat still the more likely I was to cut off. Then it ran hot one day and I was told it needed a head job. Even after this I drove it,(slowly) to the shop. A head job was done on one side,( but I was told that both sides were done) , wires replaced, plugs, gaskets, the fan replaced.After several weeks of being told day after day that my car was almost ready. I got the call to come pick it up. I caught the bus to pick it up. It still was choking as if it was not getting gas, so I thought gas was low, so I stopped at the station and put in $20 dolars worth of gas, and my car would not pull off from the pump it stil said check fuel. I had to towed home from there and that was 2 years ago. It will crank , I bought the haynes manuel , and my husband and neighbor thought it was the fuel filter ,so that has also been replaced also and it still wouldn't work. My speedometer stopped working, my fuel guage and also my motor for my driver seat. If there is anyone out there that can please contact me. I have put more $ into this car than the car was purchased for. :cry: :cry: :cry:

My car is the pontiac grand am turbo ste 3.1. 1990. It was manufactured 6/90 and put on line 7/14/1990. The vin is lg5wts4v2lf304878. La33.lv5fgp7, kbo-1k. my car started loosing power while I was driving, and for a few minutes it would coast along or just stop. The longer I sat still the more likely I was to cut off. Then it ran hot one day and I was told it needed a head job. Even after this I drove it,(slowly) to the shop. A head job was done on one side,( but I was told that both sides were done) , wires replaced, plugs, gaskets, the fan replaced.After several weeks of being told day after day that my car was almost ready. I got the call to come pick it up. I caught the bus to pick it up. It still was choking as if it was not getting gas, so I thought gas was low, so I stopped at the station and put in $20 dolars worth of gas, and my car would not pull off from the pump it stil said check fuel. I had to towed home from there and that was 2 years ago. It will crank , I bought the haynes manuel , and my husband and neighbor thought it was the fuel filter ,so that has also been replaced also and it still wouldn't work. My speedometer stopped working, my fuel guage and also my motor for my driver seat. If there is anyone out there that can please contact me. I have put more $ into this car than the car was purchased for. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Take the money you'd put in the car, add that to what you get for hauling it to the scrap yard, and use said money to buy a Buick =D.

Really, Beyond repair engines scare me.

Take the money you'd put in the car, add that to what you get for hauling it to the scrap yard, and use said money to buy a Buick =D.

Not hard to pick out the newbs... scrap a TGP? BLASPHEMY!!!

Just pickin on ya man....

Jamie

location?

at this time it could be anything. and having sat... maybe a new fuel pump too?

I got word that my 95 ciera just srapped a fuel pump.

it is official. NOT A SINGLE CAR I OWN RUNS!

NOT A SINGLE CAR I OWN RUNS!

wow...

And w-bodies are known for at least starting and not leaving you stranded. What's the count now? 7? 8? 50?

the fuel pressure needs to be checked at the schraeder valve. I believe 37-42 lbs is ideal. Also check the cat. that can cause fishy problems

Just a stab in the dark, but maybe have the battery checked also. I had a battery with a bad cell which caused my car to die completely if I drew too much power from it (my stereo and rear defroster killed it within a minute or two) and it also almost died while I was sitting at a light. At least every time I managed to get the car off the road before it completely died on me.

the fuel pressure needs to be checked at the schraeder valve. I believe 37-42 lbs is ideal. Also check the cat. that can cause fishy problems

Do what this guy says. Check the fuel pressure first. Sounds like its starving for gas and not getting it. Does the gas gage in the dash read check fuel or does the DIC (driver information center) read check fuel? If its the gage in the dash I would suspect something in the sending unit. If its the DIC, its probably only displaying that because the battery was disconnected and it still needs to gather driving data to make calculations.

Listen to everyone except MiaNoir.

TGPs are awesome cars, very rare. Bring it back to life! You know you want to.

There's enough information here to fix 99.9% of vehicle problems... at least in theory. :D