Carpet

1tinindian

Does anybody have a link to a good source for interior carpets for my 95 GTP?

Tell me what experience you have had in buying new carpets, and from who.

Thanks,

Leon

I think you should clean it first :) its cheaper and way easier. I sprayed carpet cleaner on it. Scrubbed it. And Poured REALLLY got water on my floor board Via 5gallon bucket and Shop vacuumed it up.. Looks new now. And smells awesome

A couple places to start would be Ebay or other online places like JC Whitney. You could also search the junkyards for a decent carpet, or just do what Anthony said and give it a good cleaning.

Try cleaning it. A NEW carpet can run you $100-$300 or maybe more depending on the quality.

The carpet in there from the factory has a rubber backing. If you don't mind pulling it out do so and pressure wash it. I do this with my floor matts and the water that comes out is always grey/brown,

If pulling it and pressure washing it isn't an option, look into getting your hands on a steam cleaner. They work wonders!

I wouldn't go new unless you had holes wearing through it or something like that.

Jamie

There's a link somewhere around here from a thread not too long ago that had a place selling form-fitted new carpeting for our cars.

I would definitely start with a cleaning. Just be sure to get as much water out as you can, blot it up with a towell after you've vacuumed it, and let it DRY THOROUGHLY or you will be regretting doing it for a looong time. :lol:

If you have holes wearing through, new carpet is probably going to be a must. I know mine needs new carpeting badly, the elevated place on the driver's floorboard (where your left foot falls when driving long distances kind of thing) has worn through to nothing in my car. :(

hehe ya, that left foot thing is a habbit I am trying NOT to get into with my TGP... :P

I do agree with the cleaning thing though... carpet cleaner and steam cleaner both may surprise you... I was able to keep my 91s tan interior looking great and it didn't look the best when I got it but I was able to restore it with some scrubbing and upkeep.

I appreciate all the advice to clean the carpet, but it has a worn through spot on the drivers side, and the stains and smell just have to go.

I have contacted a seller on ebay for color samples, but have yet to receive them.

I have bought carpet from ACC for my T/A, so I might try them.

Thanks,

Leon