HID Headlights?

MiaNoir

I have an 6000k kit in my cutlass, and two 8000k kits in my TGP (lows and fogs) and I never get flashed, or harrassed.

You can see much better with HID's, period. Just don't have them aimed in the sky and you'll be fine.

it also appears that your head lights are smoked anyway, that would dim them quite a bit! i am thinkin about doing what you did on yours, if i do the HID kit.

The black outs just clip on, I remove them at night. Takes 30 seconds.

And.......anyone who says they can't see better with an HID kit, hasn't had one. Anything between 4000 and 8000k works really well.

I wasn't trying to start a flame war. I don't care about who thinks they're dumb, what some guy somewhere has to say, or if DOT thinks they're cool or not. I was more looking for a trusted brand or site that sells decent products, people that have fitted them and how much they like or don't like them. I do appreciate all the help at any rate. It does seem that every time someone mentions HIDs on any forums I've belonged to, it's like mentioning politics, people start tripping balls arguing back and forth.

I have an 6000k kit in my cutlass, and two 8000k kits in my TGP (lows and fogs) and I never get flashed, or harrassed.

You can see much better with HID's, period. Just don't have them aimed in the sky and you'll be fine.

Do you have a link to where you bought the HIDs in your TGP? I want to get a set for mine. The headlights on it now blow and i always have to take my headlight covers off at night or i can barely see 10 feet in front of me.

Do you have a link to where you bought the HIDs in your TGP? I want to get a set for mine. The headlights on it now blow and i always have to take my headlight covers off at night or i can barely see 10 feet in front of me.

Umm, why would you want to block out your lights with covers at night in the first palce? ANYTHING over the lenses is going to reduce output

Does anyone that has the kits installed have the harness that connect the kit to the battery? Are these harnesses necessary? I've seen some kits that come with them and many that don't. I'd think that it wouldn't hurt to have them directly powered from the battery because my car has a daytime running lamp function that reduces the brightness of the headlamps during the day and the relay would keep the kit on without messing up the ballasts.

Does anyone that has the kits installed have the harness that connect the kit to the battery? Are these harnesses necessary? I've seen some kits that come with them and many that don't. I'd think that it wouldn't hurt to have them directly powered from the battery because my car has a daytime running lamp function that reduces the brightness of the headlamps during the day and the relay would keep the kit on without messing up the ballasts.

You MUST disable the DRLs in order to use a hid KIT on your car.

This might sound like a stupid question, but why? The Bonneville has DRL's and I was considering getting some HIDs on there. However, the light output as far as I can tell is nearly identical.

This might sound like a stupid question, but why? The Bonneville has DRL's and I was considering getting some HIDs on there. However, the light output as far as I can tell is nearly identical.

Okay, how could you do that? I don't remember seeing a DRL setting in the DIC. I could check it again.

Plenty of stock cars that come from the factory with HIDs have HID running lamps. Is there something different in the way they're set up?

I disabled the DRLs on my Aurora and my Bonneville gxp when I installed drls. Since the low beams are on at reduced power with Drls it would make my hids flicker on and off or make one come on and the other wouldn't etc so I had to dissable the drls.

I disabled the DRLs on my Aurora and my Bonneville gxp when I installed drls. Since the low beams are on at reduced power with Drls it would make my hids flicker on and off or make one come on and the other wouldn't etc so I had to dissable the drls.

How did you disable them? Is there a hardware way to do it? Is there a way to make the DRLs run at full voltage?

How did you disable them? Is there a hardware way to do it? Is there a way to make the DRLs run at full voltage?

x2

I'd love to know.

On the GXP I removed the fuse in the cabin and the breaker in the engine bay. On the Aurora I had to unhook a resistor plugged in by the battery. I don't know if there is a way to make drls run at full power.

To say that you see less with an HID kit than you would with a halogen kit at a distance is absolutely ridiculous.

lol.. I love when people who have no concept of optical physics has an opinion :lol: Pick up a physics book sometime and learn about the properties of light reflection and refraction through different mediums due Snell's law, as well as the effects due to lenses and mirrors, then come back when you have a clue :willynilly:

To say that you see less with an HID kit than you would with a halogen kit at a distance is absolutely ridiculous.

lol.. I love when people who have no concept of optical physics has an opinion :lol: Pick up a physics book sometime and learn about the properties of light reflection and refraction through different mediums due Snell's law, as well as the effects due to lenses and mirrors, then come back when you have a clue :willynilly:

All I know here is one thing, and that's that I can see things much better at farther distances, and much better laterally on the sides of the road also for farther distances.

I don't need to know anything about optical physics to know that my visibility drastically improved when I put my HID kit in.

On the GXP I removed the fuse in the cabin and the breaker in the engine bay. On the Aurora I had to unhook a resistor plugged in by the battery. I don't know if there is a way to make drls run at full power.

What's a breaker? And where is it in the engine bay?

I always thought a breaker was that friend you loan stuff to and it ALWAYS comes back broken somehow.

Perhaps he means a relay? Idk, I think of a breaker as a circuit breaker which I don't think has any business in an engine bay.

I always thought a breaker was that friend you loan stuff to and it ALWAYS comes back broken somehow.

Perhaps he means a relay? Idk, I think of a breaker as a circuit breaker which I don't think has any business in an engine bay.

Yes I meant relay :redface: Thanks :biggrin:

Yes I meant relay :redface: Thanks :biggrin:

Is that relay in that one stupid box you need some screwdriver to open near the front right headlight?