96GTP wants HUD/DIC HELP

Identity Crisis

The '94-95 HUD will work fine. You will need a 1996-specific DIC.

1994 and 1994's can not use the 1996's But the 1996 CAN use ither one. Also they have the same Part number. IIRC

The '94-95 HUD will work fine. You will need a 1996-specific DIC.

1994 and 1994's can not use the 1996's But the 1996 CAN use ither one. Also they have the same Part number. IIRC

Are you talking about the DIC... Yes, I have the part number and interchanges. 94-95 can be used on 94-95 ONLY. 96 can be used on 96 ONLY. 96 is not compatible with earlier years since it doesnt use the 8192 Baud data stream, it uses the OBD2 Class 2 data stream.

The HUD's however are completely interchangable.

BTW, I have tracked down a couple 96 DIC's. 2 used so far and and plenty brand new. The new ones price makes baby jesus cry but it the used ones dont pan out, I will be spending the $600 for a new one so I can complete my swap :willynilly:

I will be spending the $600 for a new one so I can complete my swap :willynilly:

you are high as a kite my friend! dang! for that much, i think i would want a couple of really hott prostitutes to be installing it or something!

Nope, I am hell bent on it. If I have to, I will. But I am waiting back on emails from some salvage yards on how much they want for one and if they can ship them out..

Ive spent a lot of time on swapping in HUD and a entire GP dash into my CS and I intend on getting a DIC that works properly with my OBD2 and still matches all my interior lighting and digital displays (the DIC just needs the orange buld covers changed to the greenish ones which I have)

So the 94-95 HUD will work fine in my 96 GTP but I am shit out of luck for a DIC unless it is from a 96 cause of the OBDII.

Got it. Thanks for the clearification everyone.

So the 94-95 HUD will work fine in my 96 GTP but I am shit out of luck for a DIC unless it is from a 96 cause of the OBDII.

Got it. Thanks for the clearification everyone.

Yup. I found me a 96 DIC, gonna order it in soon. Used of course. If I get an email from the other salvage company on another 96 DIC, I will forward the info to you

Sooo, you wanna buy my HUD and switch setup???