Vats system- whats it do

dohc v6

I am about done with my OBD II swap and I had the fuel pump working and the car would start and then die about 2 seconds later. So, ken, taylor and I have been working on installing the vats box in. So I installed it and hooked up the wrong resistors. I put them in paralles not series. Soooo, I hooked them up right and still the fuel pump would not turn on. So I disconnected the Vats box and no fuel pump and no data link connection either. I checked the resistance and had 11.59k ohms instead of 11.8, How close does the reistors have to be to the key resistace? Next would the vats box send a signal to the computer to shut the fuel and the data link port? I did nothing other than hook up the vats box between the fuel pump running and not running.

The vats system reads a resistor pill on your key and sends a 12 volt signal to the starter enable relay and the fuel pump relay when a key with the poper resistance is placed inside the ignition.

key number 15:

range:

normal 11800 ohms

low 11328 ohms

high 12292 ohms

so you should have been in range.

can you check to see that the PCM is getting power still?

last conversation with dohc v6, we chased down the fact that his pcm was not getting it's switched power source. by tracing, a bad wire was found and is being fixed.

it remains to be seen if the VATS will work. :burnout: