GP Coupe Window Glass Replacement

PCGUY112887

So, how hard is it to replace the glass in the drivers door of a GP coupe? Before I got my car, some asshat decided that the front guide on the window needed repair, with this black epoxy bullshit.

window1.jpg

window2.jpg

I am looking over the GM manual pages for it, but I am kind of confused as to what all I am supposed to undo. The window has been out before so there are 4 bolts instead of rivets holding... something for the window in the door. The manual mentions rivets but it doesn't say if I need to take them out or what. It also mentions rivets on the bottom of the door glass, but I don't see any place for rivets on my replacement glass, just a big metal channel for something to attach to.

Any help?

Thanks!

You'll have to drill out all the rivets (unless someone has already serviced the window, they may have bolted it back together..or riveted again).

You will have to disconnect the glass from the window regulator 9part that moves the glass up and down). Once that is disconnected you should be able to get the glass out. It's possible the regulator has to come out of the door for more room, but I'm not sure - just guessing.