BAD buzzing......

AWeb80

first off, everything works cherry...untill

I have aux inputs in my deck, so I hooked headphone jacks up to it so I can plug my laptop into it and have 12 gb of music at my fingertips on any road trips I take.

the laptop by itself on battery sounds excellent....but when I plug in the powercord to my cig-lighter 12 volt converter

(ths is the exact one I have)

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5694042 ....It starts buzzing loudly in my rear 6x9's....and gets louder w/ the volume.....

I unplug the powercord or converter and every thing sounds fine.

what is causing this?....cheap inverter....bad electric wire somewhere?

btw, it is not engine noise....the sound is not effected w/ engine revs.

should I hardwire my own 12v outlet in a diff location?

btw, this is the 12v outlet up by the steering wheel....not the one on the pass floor, that one doesn't work....I unhooked it.

any ideas?

the ones with the fans should be hard wired and grounded with 12 gauge wire at least.

they are probably more output then you need for a lap top. the smallest converter is all I need to run my PS2 and no problems since its hard wired in to the trunk battery 6 inches away.

the ones with the fans should be hard wired and grounded with 12 gauge wire at least.

they are probably more output then you need for a lap top. the smallest converter is all I need to run my PS2 and no problems since its hard wired in to the trunk battery 6 inches away.

ok, so should I buy a 12 outlet and wire it to 12g and I'll be set?

whoa, my small inverter is way better than that walmrat thing. my bad I thought you had a tripp light one with the fan, but I read wrong.

its a box about 4x5x1 inch with a red lit up switch and 1 plug for ac, no internal fan. has a decent cord for the 12v side, def. not floss wire lol. I have had it like 6-7 years way back when I had sega in my luxury van.

I have been trying to think of the name on the side of it, but tripp-lite at parts express is what I would look at first.

It was something like photon, something tron, I would have to go look, but I think the label came off