installing a tail lip

TheEdgeofSanity

Ok, the cutlass I'm looking at doesn't have a tail lip..

my question is could I go to a j/y and find one in decent condition, duplicolor it white, get 2 matching taillights and put it on my car? What holds it on? is it bolted or glued?

I'm asking because on the car there's a dent and paint chip right on the edge thats covered by the lip thing and adding one would cover it up nicely.

I would just grab the trunk and all if you can. That way you wouldnt even need to worry about drilling holes in the right place for mounting it.

Plus the Cutlass you want to put the lip and spoiler on has to be a 92-97 unless it will work on the older models but I doubt it.

Plus the Cutlass you want to put the lip and spoiler on has to be a 92-97 unless it will work on the older models but I doubt it.

Yeah?

csscrearl.jpg

1988 Cutlass Supreme. :cool:

csscfcl.jpg

Yet, it's still possible to install a lip spoiler and lip taillights on a 1988-1991 WITHOUT installing the reverse panel, trunk lid or bumper.

Yet, it's still possible to install a lip spoiler and lip taillights on a 1988-1991 WITHOUT installing the reverse panel, trunk lid or bumper.

I thought the tails were different?

You do have to make some modifications to the reverse light panel, of course, but it has been done several times by a few members.