Heater/AC control on an Intrigue

RZB1992

I have an 01 Intrigue with the single (not dual) climate control and the knob to change the temp works, and the knob to change the fan speeds work, but if I want to change the function to feet to dash area, or dash and feet area to defrost, it will just keep pushing air out of the foot and dash vents. And my air conditioning isn't nearly as cold as it should be (I don't know if that's something separate or not), but I've heard that the controls (the box with the heat functions) sometimes go around 100,000 miles, and I'm about approaching that. Does this sound like it could be the problem, or could these symptoms be signs of something else??

You need a new gear box I dont know what they are called but its a slim box with plastic gears in it. Some type of actutor search digitaloutsider s how to posts and you will find it. I can see if the roach box still works. If so you can have it for the $5 plus shipping.

I found his how to post about the, I guess it's called HVAC module; the only thing, don't take this the wrong way cause I don't mean to doubt you or anything, but they were saying how it was about the dual climate control systems. R those the same as the normal single climate control systems in the GXs?? And do you happen to know if that could that be accounting for my air condition not being cold enough, because I know in that post people were saying how both their air and heat stoped working, and I know that my heat deff works, but my a/c isn't cold as it should be, and from what I recall I didn't hear any noise that some cars make when the a/c is turned on when I tried using it. and they also said there were 2 of the modules; do you know if the Intrigue gx's have 2 also?

yeah, for the a/c I was going to see if I could get away with one of those little $20 cans from autozone cause they worked for my mom's sable, and I'm still getting cool air from the vents. Know of anywhere to get the little boxes for cheap? (I know you said you'd look in Roach, and I haven't called up the junkyard yet. I don't know if they'd even know what I was talking about). lol.