The parts car is gone.

Guest RedCutlassSL

Guest RedCutlassSL

I got rid of it today. My friend and I had a lot of fun smashing the shit out of everything I didn't use, such as the windows, fenders, w/e. The funniest part is when Cody made the rear window explode with the tire iron. Anyway, he towed me with a Silverado to the salvage yard, we got lots of funny looks going down the road, 4 door cutlass, no hood, no engine, no windows, no tailights, riding on donuts. LOL. Anyway, guys that have bought stuff from me, I'm going to be sending it out within the next couple of days. Also, I'm going to post what I left for sale in the for sale section, later, this is a last time deal. Anything that is left will be tossed afterwards. Lata

Getting the used compressor would be pointless. I am pretty sure they used R12 freon, and now you need you use R134a, and since the compressor has already had the R12, it won't work w/ the R134, there is a piece of cloth or something in it, and once the residue from it is on it, you can't use any other kind of freon in it, I tried, and just messed a lotta crap up.

I think his parts car was a 94, they used R-134a.

But I put R-134a in my '89 and it works great.

We put R-134a in my stepbro's '90 and it works great too.

I put R-134a in the '88, and it worked like ass, but 2 outta 3 is not bad.

i had the a/c done on the 89 in june an they had to put r-12 in it talk about chargin alot for that they said "your compresser is to old to handle r134a" they told me a compresser was like 300 bucks i said r12 please

You can retrofit any vehicle with R12 to R134a. At the dealer in Devils Lake where I worked, we didn't even offer R12 because it's cheaper to retrofit. My 89 CS was in an accident before I got it, the condensor was fuckered. Well I decided I wanted AC, I threw a condensor from my other Int. series in it, charged it up, added some oil, and it blows like a mofo. Compressor never made a peep. Some people like to change the receiver/drier as well, but I figured if I need to, I will later. Turned out good.