What does a dyno normally cost?

meltboy1

There is a shop here in Utica I just found out has a dyno, but when I went to see how much it costs he said $150 for 3 pulls... now that seems kinda pricey to me, what is a normal rate for a dyno?

That's pretty much the normal rate for the ones around here. From what I've heard at least. If you get a big group of people to go, it'll be a lot cheaper. A local board I'm on had a dyno day a couple weekends ago, and their's were like $50 for 2 pulls or something like that.

o ok, well maybe I could try to get somethin with some of the guys here, I know my friend wants to put his Firehawk up and I'd like to get mine up there, they alos tune for $100/hr which may be cheaper than getting a chip, but I gotta find out more information about this place before I jsut hand my car over to them...

dyno days are a lot of fun. get like 10 cars to go for a cheaper rate, get a bbq going and make a day out of it. as for tuning your car, i doubt they would have any experience with your engine.

dyno days are a lot of fun. get like 10 cars to go for a cheaper rate, get a bbq going and make a day out of it. as for tuning your car, i doubt they would have any experience with your engine.

that does sound like fun, that and i would like to find out just how slow my car really is. :lol:

nah fred jacobs on mary st, and ya, when I told him what I had he thought I had the 4cyl turbo he didn't know they had a 3.1 turbo...

anyone know if there's any dynos in buffalo?

Someone brought one up to the Shredd & Reagan cruise nite in niagra falls. This was like 2 years ago i think. So there must be one around here. PJ Speedshop maybe?? I know they are pretty big around here, with mustangs mostly. IIRC they were charging $50 per test.

ya I am on unycgp.com but they are all newer GPs.. I went to a meet last year with em and me and my friend were the only 1st gens there, everyone else was newer...

ya I am on unycgp.com but they are all newer GPs.. I went to a meet last year with em and me and my friend were the only 1st gens there, everyone else was newer...

But it doesnt matter cuz your TGP was still the coolest car there!!

haha I like to think so, but at the meet, there were some damn nice 2nd gens there... I was all :drool: :drool: over a few...

.....nymcgp has some pretty badass cars.