Turbocharged Grand Prix GXP dyno at clubgp

mfewtrail

4T65-E HD's are pretty decent as-is. There are plenty of guys that have been running 12's(some even quicker than that)with bone stock transaxles on drag radials and even slicks for a long time. Some of those guys have a ton of track passes on their cars. Then there are some people that waste their transaxles bone stock. The cars that were nearly stock were likely BEAT and too many one wheel peels finally take their toll...

LOL one wheel peels. I try not to do that!

But seriously... those vids of that GXP... zomg... I did more than just :drool:

one wheel wonders are mainly just bad for the diff. my 65HD lasted 2 years of aggrissive driving with shifting problems from the start when i got it. thats just my experience

The ones who destroy transmissions are the one's who love high RPM downshifts and 1.8x 60's on stock gear chains. Both of those scenarios are disastrous. Other than that, clutches will wear out in ANY trans, built or not, and the thing will need clutches and bands to be refreshed every couple years with some hard track passes and high power levels.

450 wheel horsepower at about 10 psi of boost. This is equivalent to almost 600 engine horsepower

:lol:

3rd Gen W-bodies must have a beast of a transmission.

Actually these things are having more transmission problems stock than those of the modded L67 cars.I hope noone puts this on a stock tranny and expects it to last that long.

x2

A buddy of mine is getting rid of his because of all the problems he's heard concerning the transmission. I kinda figured this would happen when GM decided to slap a V8 on a FWD setup.

450 wheel horsepower at about 10 psi of boost. This is equivalent to almost 600 engine horsepower

Actually these things are having more transmission problems stock than those of the modded L67 cars.I hope noone puts this on a stock tranny and expects it to last that long.

x2

A buddy of mine is getting rid of his because of all the problems he's heard concerning the transmission. I kinda figured this would happen when GM decided to slap a V8 on a FWD setup.

GM has been building V-8 equipped FWD cars for over 40 years now.

x2

To further put DE's statement into more truth, when GM decided to start putting the rather weak 4T65E(non HD IIRC) into a 300hp fwd v8

The FWD trans' of the mid/late 60's, etc were bullet proof. The Turbo 400's at least.

x2

To further put DE's statement into more truth, when GM decided to start putting the rather weak 4T65E(non HD IIRC) into a 300hp fwd v8

The FWD trans' of the mid/late 60's, etc were bullet proof. The Turbo 400's at least.

Right, the LS4 should get the 4T80E like the Northstar equipped platforms get. Disabling torque management and slapping on a turbo can't help much though.