computer chip for my 3100 SFI...help me!!!!!!

Dannymik

They don't make a chip, but i was talkin to the guy at my local speed shop this weekend and he said that he got a module to reprogram the comp in his girl's 3100. He also said that jet can reprogram the comps and get them back to the owner in 48 hours. And i had asked FFP if they reprogramed the comps and they said yes. Oh yeah the module he said he used to reprogram his girl's ride was from hypertech.

the problem with that idea is that my cutty is a daily driver :peace: So that wouldn't be good for me. And how long ago did they start making the 3100? Like since '94 and no aftermarket chip, they make these w bodies a struggle to get parts for :guns: :devil:

w-body.jpg

For pre-94, there is an actual chip that is changed out. But for 94+, its a flash PCM, so, its like a sealed unit, theres nothing you can "swap out" like for pre-94

Robby

I do believe 94 was the starting point for the 3100's. At least thats the earliest I've ever seen. And after 93 you dont see any 3.1's, so thats probably the last year. Also, http://www.fastchips.com does a GREAT reflash I've heard, so I'd try them. The guy is very helpful if you e-mail him, so give that a shot. Hope this helps!

I do believe 94 was the starting point for the 3100's. At least thats the earliest I've ever seen. And after 93 you dont see any 3.1's, so thats probably the last year. Also, http://www.fastchips.com does a GREAT reflash I've heard, so I'd try them. The guy is very helpful if you e-mail him, so give that a shot. Hope this helps!

they had a very limited amount of 3100s in the '93 model year too