T-Stat stuck open?

runt

Read title.

Now, both radiator hoses are hot when the car is warmed up. If I'm driving down the road, the temp gage will be STUCK at 185 (where it should be with the T-Stat I have in there now). If I get into traffic, or idle in a parking lot, the gage will go up. I've seen it get near 210 so far. (See my other thread about me wanting to test my fans). Anyway, as soon as I start driving it goes back down to 185, until I would stop or traffic or whatever.

I did my T-Stat a while ago and as far as I could tell the coolant was bled properly. Think it's just another stuck T-Stat? I am terrible when it comes to the cooling systems on the cars. And yeah...I know the T-Stat is cheap and very easy to do, but I'd rather not waste my time if I don't have to.

Thanks.

My 3400 does that as well. The gauge sits at the 200 (half-way) mark on the gauge, but after two-three minutes sitting and idling in warm-ish weather, I'm up to two or three marks past half. Then after a little bit of driving it's back down to normal.