new york inspections

89SupremeCutty

Tread depth - must be at least 2/32 inch when measured in two adjacent major tread grooves showing the most wear

can't they just say 1/16... that just annoys me...

nys is a bitch when it comes to inspections, especially if you have a 96+ vehicle. they have to hook it up to a computer that transmits data right to the albany dmv from the cars computer. if you own a vehicle that has the check engine light on for something that isn't even engine or emission related it fails. and you can't reset the computer cause there are something like 5 out of 7 parameters that have to be set in order for it to even be read by the dmv computer.

nys is a bitch when it comes to inspections, especially if you have a 96+ vehicle. they have to hook it up to a computer that transmits data right to the albany dmv from the cars computer. if you own a vehicle that has the check engine light on for something that isn't even engine or emission related it fails. and you can't reset the computer cause there are something like 5 out of 7 parameters that have to be set in order for it to even be read by the dmv computer.

You can just delete the code and drive the 50 or so miles for it to reset and you're good to go.

Not always.

Some sensors require 200 miles to be driven before the code can be "read". Otherwise, it will show up as "NOT READY" when they hook it up to the scanner at the inspection station.

I tried that on my '97 LTZ when it was being a little bitch. :willynilly:

Not always.

Some sensors require 200 miles to be driven before the code can be "read". Otherwise, it will show up as "NOT READY" when they hook it up to the scanner at the inspection station.

Yeah.. well it can still be done. :razz:

Not always.

satan's asshole can be a bitch like that.

I was gona ask where in NY you are, I know some good places in Utica that don't even really check the car.

im in angola, about 20 mins south of buffalo. utica is far far away from me lol. addicted, you still in eden?

im still thinking of ordering those reverse glow gauges. not seeing what gear im in dosn't bother me.

Yea im still livin in eden, working in hamburg. If you have a problem getting the car inspected let me know. I know pretty much every mechanic in hamburg from when i used to work for napa delivering parts. One of them will pass it lol.

I was gona ask where in NY you are, I know some good places in Utica that don't even really check the car.

im in angola, about 20 mins south of buffalo. utica is far far away from me lol. addicted, you still in eden?

im still thinking of ordering those reverse glow gauges. not seeing what gear im in dosn't bother me.

Yea im still livin in eden, working in hamburg. If you have a problem getting the car inspected let me know. I know pretty much every mechanic in hamburg from when i used to work for napa delivering parts. One of them will pass it lol.

I have some beer for you if I ever run into problems getting inspected :high5:

x2 :lol:

i ordered those gauges and if anyone gives me a problem in august i'll let you know.

x2 :lol:

i ordered those gauges and if anyone gives me a problem in august i'll let you know.

YES!! I never tuurn down free beer. 89SupremeCutty what year is your lumina? Anything pre-96 i can find someone to inspect no questions asked. 96 and up shouldnt be a problem if there are no check engine lights on.

it's a 98. i actually just got done putting the used egr valve in my car, but i gotta take it to get the codes cleared. thanks for the offer and i'll let you know if i get any codes or anything like that.